My Day Hunting on the Chisholm

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Arriving at Caldwell after a long drive in the van with my "partner in crime" we were finally greeted with the Caldwell sign. ;D Shortly after this picture, he ran over me. :-\

100_3671.jpg

Arrived at the hunt Saturday morning and we got busy swinging. TeeHeeHee. Silly Hat Day.

100_3702.jpg

More pics from the hunt:

100_3701.jpg

100_3703.jpg

100_3705.jpg

100_3706.jpg

Here is what I found on the first day. I believe I must have fallen asleep in the grass sometime during the day.

100_3708.jpg

100_3722.jpg

100_3723.jpg

Here is my Day two finds from Burdie's place:

100_3710.jpg

100_3712.jpg

100_3713.jpg

As stated before, I had a blast at the hunt and thank everyone for their friendship and kindness. What a terrific hobby this is and I think this weekend proved it. God Bless you all.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I did not run over you! I merely grazed you with the bumper. ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

I don't think staying out until 2 AM helped us any. ;) ;D

Burdie's spot holds so much potential it is scary. When are we going to invite ourselves onto Burdie's place again? Come on it's only 9 hours away we can do it. :D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys it was only a mirrage a heavenly dream. It wasn't real. ;D ;D Hope to see you guys back this way again though. Wish I could of visited more with every one. You guys are a blast. Thank you so much for coming. The wife said I had a week to display my digger out front. Wifes!! ;D ;D

Burdie

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Man those sguare nails play hell, I dont even wann show all mine, I think that big gear thing I dug and reburied ;D

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Burdie said:
Sorry guys it was only a mirrage a heavenly dream. It wasn't real. ;D ;D Hope to see you guys back this way again though. Wish I could of visited more with every one. You guys are a blast. Thank you so much for coming. The wife said I had a week to display my digger out front. Wifes!! ;D ;D

Burdie

Ask her for 1 month and maybe she will give you two weeks. ;)

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
TEXAN Connection said:
Man those sguare nails play hell, I dont even wann show all mine, I think that big gear thing I dug and reburied ;D

TC,
That wasn't a big gear, it was a 1844 Morgan Silver you dug! ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB,

It was a pleasure getting to see you and your so-called sidekick. ;D ;D We all had a fabulous time, huh! You and ME are a hoot, looking forward to the day we can hunt again together.

;) RR

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Burdie said:

Burdie

That was for the displaying of, right? She didn't happen to mention anything about actual custody... ;)

Maybe we oughta have a "custodian of the big-a$$ digger" - the "winner" to be responsible for the thing until the next hunt. At which time it would be passed on to the next "winner." ;D

or not...

HH
Nan

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roswellborn said:
Burdie said:
Sorry guys it was only a mirage a heavenly dream. It wasn't real. ;D ;D Hope to see you guys back this way again though. Wish I could of visited more with every one. You guys are a blast. Thank you so much for coming. The wife said I had a week to display my digger out front. Wife's!! ;D ;D

Burdie

That was for the displaying of, right? She didn't happen to mention anything about actual custody... ;)

Maybe we oughta have a "custodian of the big-a$$ digger" - the "winner" to be responsible for the thing until the next hunt. At which time it would be passed on to the next "winner." ;D

or not...

HH
Nan

I would like to say a few words for Big "D". Admired by many except one, name with held. Big D brought smiles to lots of little diggers and future diggers. The ability to bring joy to TNetters will not be forgotten. May Big D rest in digger heaven. :'( :'( :'(
Burdie

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
River Rat said:
BB,

It was a pleasure getting to see you and your so-called sidekick. ;D ;D We all had a fabulous time, huh! You and ME are a hoot, looking forward to the day we can hunt again together.

;) RR

Thanks RR ~ Enjoyed meeting you and I was very happy for you when you found the silver coin. Great job!

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Burdie said:
roswellborn said:
Burdie said:
Sorry guys it was only a mirage a heavenly dream. It wasn't real. ;D ;D Hope to see you guys back this way again though. Wish I could of visited more with every one. You guys are a blast. Thank you so much for coming. The wife said I had a week to display my digger out front. Wife's!! ;D ;D

Burdie

or not...

HH
Nan

I would like to say a few words for Big "D". Admired by many except one, name with held. Big D brought smiles to lots of little diggers and future diggers. The ability to bring joy to TNetters will not be forgotten. May Big D rest in digger heaven. :'( :'( :'(
Burdie

I hear taps playing.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you fell asleep in the high grass back behind those trailers uh? thats why you did not get any bug bites!

Note to self try that next year for new free bug free way to go to hunt!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
you were sleepin??! No wonder we couldnt find you! lol It was great to meet you guys finally!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is last years post....and I must'a missed it. :P Where's this years adventure, BB? 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread