Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Your minelab 2100 should be good for nuggets. I have my doubts about dowsing.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your minelab 2100 should be good for nuggets. I have my doubts about dowsing.

Oops I dont have that or any detector any more. You can bring one along if you'd like. Mike

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully next fall/winter. I lived in the Verde valley for a year. In the time I lived and worked there I Dowsed.
I already have treasure targets I lost and need to relocate and retrieve. Most are Dowsing related. All are an Adventure.
The targets are around Wickenburg, Bradshaw mtns, and S toward Bumblebee, one in Sycamore canyon near Flagstaff. All can be explained, and yes I lost them. I Dowse so many I didnt keep good track. I no longer live there, but would like to retrieve. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's tough to organize a hunt requiring any help on relocating.
I will explain one. A roadrunner claim I had been to over by Vulture mines. There was shallow holes everywhere. Valuable Gold in quartz ore was assumed retrieved from those holes. One spot got missed, one more hole needs to be dug. But it's on the neighboring claim. It's possible that claim is no longer active. How much Gold were they getting out of each hole? Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds awesome. I'll jump in the convoy when you get to Colorado. I'm off for the winter and my wife gets sick of me!

Not sure exactly when, but glad your interested.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some will take research some not. If anyone knows which roadrunner claim I'm talking about, that would be helpful.
Another one I need help on. I used to drive all 2 tracks, stop and get out and Dowse ahead every 2 miles was my standard. I'd check Gold and Nickel. I hit a Gold signal at an old stage stop. The sign even said old stage stop. No buildings, kinda nice road. People were parked there, so I planned to return. But now I forgot where it was. I know I'm giving away a possible Gold cache, but I know where abouts it is. I tried to spot it Google earth but I lost it. I know the area wasn't mineralized, and I know it wasn't a meteorite. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a more adventurous Treasure hunt.
I need to return up the Hassayampa river, to a lost Gold mine I found, then lost. Rent quads in Wickenburg we can. I reacquired the location from Google earth. I drew a treasure map. Definitely need to return and see what's really there..

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Dowser,

Tentatively --I would be very interested in going--usually I am free as I am retired now. I have a pulse induction metal detector --with several different size search coils.
I have a pickup truck. [email protected] I am in Abiquiu, New Mexico

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dowser,

Tentatively --I would be very interested in going--usually I am free as I am retired now. I have a pulse induction metal detector --with several different size search coils.
I have a pickup truck. [email protected] I am in Abiquiu, New Mexico

Cool, I just retired also, but I can't head out that way yet. I need to get out there for sure, and will notify all that are interested. Planning on next fall. Mike

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's a lot of fun! If only I can get my locations narrowed down. I did find that the Roadrunner prospecting club has claim maps posted. I believe it's one over by Vulture mts., but I don't see it on google earth. Thought for sure it could be spotted from above. That claim and the neighboring claim possibly 20 acres, should be able to see from above. A lot of 3' mine holes basically. Once I relocate the Roadrunner claim, I'll be able to check the neighboring claim status. They have way more claims than I remember. I think it's over in their group 13.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also for the lost stage stop I lost, it's not on Senator thru the Bradshaws, I've checked that.
Another very interesting possibly legal Treasure location I lost somewhere S of Prescott. Was driving roads, doing my usual 2 miles before rechecking Gold, and picked up on a signal ahead. Driving along is quick triangulation on target, so it wasn't long before I was 90 degrees from my target. Way out in the distance was a lone black lava blob sticking up. It was a ways out, easy to see, but it stood alone, and it was signaling Gold. Either someone buried a Cache next to it because it's a stand alone long range reference, or that volcanic material has Au.. I know it's not down Orme rd, thought it was but not. Mike

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Arizona adventure I'd like to return to. A Treasure legend about a very high grade Gold float found near Tank pass in the Granite wash mountains. It looked like an easy target. As I approached from the east on 60, I would get out and signal with Gold. Using my GPS coordinates, a compass and protractor, I would transfer my signal line onto my GPS map. My first line drawn was just past Wenden, 10 miles away, then I signaled at Mcvay, then near Big Granite road, then at the end of Buttervalley farm road toward tank pass. I had to cross a couple washes and rain was threatening. I got a quick look around before being rained out. It's a very quartzy area with a few old mines in the nearby hills. I planned on returning during better weather, to locate what was signaling so far. It's a beautiful place to camp and explore. It's only Au ore I believe, but I'd sure like to see it. Would this adventure interest anyone? Mike

Attachments

• 15750410197345191732269715012505.jpg
    15750410197345191732269715012505.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
i know the rr claims you are talking about very well. are you a member of the roadrunners.
that entire area is under claim. also the iron dikes you spoke of can be seen from I17 around
sunset point rest area looking west. there is gold back there, but again. its all under claim and
extremely rough country. ever since the mid 2000s with gold prices going up even poor ground
has been claimed up. things have changed

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know the rr claims you are talking about very well. are you a member of the roadrunners.
that entire area is under claim. also the iron dikes you spoke of can be seen from I17 around
sunset point rest area looking west. there is gold back there, but again. its all under claim and
extremely rough country. ever since the mid 2000s with gold prices going up even poor ground
has been claimed up. things have changed

I used to belong to RR , but haven't been in the area for a while. It was some interesting claim, all the holes. Most likely still active. And now I have a better idea where the dike I'm searching for might be. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions