Eldorado County, CA Panning/Sluicing/Detecting Outing 4/10 and 4/11.

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm arranging a couple of day trips to do some gold panning, sluicing and detecting for gold this Friday, 4/10 and Saturday, 4/11. The trip plans are not finalized but it looks like myself and an acquaintance from GPAA will meet at my house Friday morning in El Dorado Hills and hike for about one hour down to a remote spot on the South Fork of the American River. It is a good spot to pan/sluice and has some fast water that is good for setting up a sluice box. Saturday we will likely day trip to one of the GPAA claims within an hour or so drive of El Dorado Hills. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good spot to pan? Private Message me if you are interested in joining us on either of the days. You will need the ability to carry all of your gear on a 2-3 mile hike with about 500' of elevation loss/gain. Reply to this message with questions and I'll try to answer them in the forum. Ed.

4/8/20 Update: Three people so far will be going on these outings. Jason from Petaluma, Steven from Ohio, and I. PM me if you are interested in the outings. Ed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like we (three) are going to the Eldorado area on the first day and to Placer county on the second. Ed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread