rcb187

May 3, 2018
Cornville, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Michaelauaz,

I have off Tuesday and Wednesday. I am all for exploring on those days. I havent found any existing foundations just yet. I have been reading the book Crooked road to Holbrook and It seems alot of the activity takes place down in Black and Buckskin canyon area which is west of where i have been searching. I am looking for a ranger station and a ranch that appears on a map from 1920 but is gone on the 1940 version. What type of metal detecting are you into? I see AU in your name. Everywhere I look it says there is no gold in Navajo County. But some people in showlow report that there is absolutely gold there. I have also read that there is Rumored to be an area so rich in Apache Indian res that the nuggets are just laying on the ground. The area I have been searching is roughly 2 miles from the Apache border. I have no interest in trespassing onto the res. but there could be some deposites on this side of the border.

anyway hope to hear back from you.

-Rich

Garypederson

Aug 4, 2020
Payson, Az, Avila beach, Ca, Naples, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug & Whites Spectra 3vi & Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi there,

Up in the mountains for the summer. Have some free time looking to do some archaeology and hunting in the area. I am between Overgaard and Show low. I spent some time back around FR 300 past two weeks. Looking for a few old cabins/ buildings that show on the map.

Would like to find someone to hunt with!

-Rich
Hi rich. Am in payson. I hunted the 5 old miners cabins up on the rim, detected 3 of them. If your back up showlow way text me. Gary. 805-591-0000

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread