3Jacks

Nov 21, 2020
Weatherford,TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Ace 250, Whites XLT, MP-35 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks,

Anyone know how it works with kids at these hunts? I want to take my 11 year old for the kids hunt, but am wondering if I need to pay a full admission for him as well as myself?

Also, is he allowed to shadow me on the other hunts (not detecting, just walking with me). I don't want to leave him alone at the campsite while I participate.

Trying to decide if it's viable for just me and him to go.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Absolutely take him. They have hunts just for kids. I went to the first one and there were a lot of kids. Not sure about the admission price for kids. I won a Garret Ace 250.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Too late.
Posted 11-30-20
SIGN-UPS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED!

As of today, November 30th sign-ups for the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 2021 are officially closed. If your entry is received after capacity is reached you will be notified and your payment will be returned. We look forward to seeing everyone this spring!

907_Digger

Greenie
Nov 12, 2019
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter,Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all i see that this hunt was sold out back in November is there maybe a mailing list or something to get on so one could be notified of the next upcomming hunt any and all info is greatly appreciated thx Happy Hunting and Stay Safe Out There

Mphares

Jan 10, 2019
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the late reply, but as per your questions: Yes, you need to pay for him to attend the events with you. If you haven't already signed up for the both of you by now, it is too late. I think you can bring him with you to participate in the free kids event and other activities they have, but he won't be able to shadow you. I personally am brining my 9 and 11 year-old sons with me, but I had to pay for all events to keep us together.

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
Well here I set, in canton Texas, waiting for morning to start the Charles Garrett memorial hunt, raining at the moment, so looking foward to playin in the mud tomorrow, met up with a couple folks I originally met in 2018 when it was in Jefferson to, this year has got to be the best so far , so many buckets of silver just waiting to be hid for us to find, for those that missed signing up, check Garrett’s website towards end of the year to sign up for 2022

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread