She swung, I watched

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
Returning from shopping today my wife said I should check the sandpit near home, well I said it's 74 and sunny and that's a bit to warm for my liking. So she said she would swing and I could sit in the shade. O.K., She turned it on and the sucker would not shut up. Heres what she got from a 15 by 15 ft. area., some quarters,dimes, and 106 pennies.40s ,58,nickle and 50d penny. She only covered about 25% of the pit, so we will go back.

Attachments

• sand.jpg
    sand.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, looks like a virgin hunt site! Good luck and nice finds. HH, Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

HH

lonewolfe

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
miester said:
Returning from shopping today my wife said I should check the sandpit near home, well I said it's 74 and sunny and that's a bit to warm for my liking.

74 and sunny is too warm for your liking? Oh my Gosh Miester... I'm afraid you would MELT if you came to Texas right now... LOL... I'd give anything for a 74 degree day in July/August... You couldn't keep me in the house... haha... We hit 95 today I believe, and as usual HIGH HUMIDITY... :'( :'( :'( <---those aren't tears, they're sweat dropping off our faces... LMAO...

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, Miester, it's time to shop for another detector. You'll never get it away from her now.

Nice Haul!

OP
OP
miester

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
Gold Digger said:
miester said:
Returning from shopping today my wife said I should check the sandpit near home, well I said it's 74 and sunny and that's a bit to warm for my liking.

74 and sunny is too warm for your liking? Oh my Gosh Miester... I'm afraid you would MELT if you came to Texas right now... LOL... I'd give anything for a 74 degree day in July/August... You couldn't keep me in the house... haha... We hit 95 today I believe, and as usual HIGH HUMIDITY...? ?:'( :'( :'(? <---those aren't tears, they're sweat dropping off our faces... LMAO...
Melt? I know I would, right now it's 80 and I'm parked inside for the day. I've had hot jobs all my life,real hot like changing thermo couples on top of huge boilers that were running, so hot that when your boots start to smoke you got down the ladder fast and went out and sat in the snow with no boots or shirt just to bring body temp down. Used to be able to handle it but now I have no tolerance for heat anymore. Really looking for some 50-60 deg. days as I've got some promising old sites lined up to scan. One place I hope to get is a 2 acre 1850's homesite in town on the main street. All the trees have been cut and best of all it's sandy soil, I'd even do that one on a hot day.

OP
OP
miester

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
pir81 said:
I see why your AV has you in the fridg Im a welder working in ultrahot conditions really takes it out of you congrats on your finds ;D
Acually I cut that out of a snowmobile magazine, underneath it says " waiting for winter?" I thought for a sledhead like me that says it all. I just md and fish in between snow season but this md'ing is getting very addictive. When it finally cools off I think theres going to be a lot of diggin here until the ground freezes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread