My E-Track finds its first gold

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Out to a swimming area where a local lake has been pulled down. After a little hunting and digging lots of pull tabs coming in conductive # 19 - 24 I decided to dig all #'S under 16 on the Etrack and it paid off. After skipping a bunch of pull tab signals out pops a 14K band. Looks like it has been in the water a long time.

Attachments

• PA060016.JPG
    PA060016.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 426
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
One of many more...Hopefully :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
mpostma said:
Great Find!
How has the learning curve been on the E-trac?
HH
Mark

I have used alot of detectors so It has not taken long to get the hang of the E-track. It is quickly
becoming my favorite detector. Minelab has a winner with this one.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
I'm curious why you would skip pull tab signals as this is the exact range that gold falls into... Do you ever wonder if any of those were gold? I know I would, I dig everything, hey it's the only exercise I get ;D

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
finderzzs said:
I'm curious why you would skip pull tab signals as this is the exact range that gold falls into... Do you ever wonder if any of those were gold? I know I would, I dig everything, hey it's the only exercise I get ;D

I do not skip them most of the time but I had about 1hr to hunt and wanted to up the odds of finding some gold. Left about 40 to 50 of those type signals behind. Trying to pull as much gold as I can so I like to get the best targets out first as the lake is drawn down. Several guys who hunt this area and time is important. Can dig those later if they are still there.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread