the leg bones connected to the STOP!!! BUTTON-- geez I hate finding bones

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
had to stop rebury halt -- clearly it was very very old saw cut chunk of femur type leg bone (nice neat saw cut end)--the area was used during the CW era , and might have been a bit of a DR' S leg "trimming" work -- HALT STOP REBURY say 1000 hail marys and 1500 our fathers and say so sorry . geez I hate finding bones. ---(I'm going to just keep chanting --"it was a ham bone --it was a ham bone") till I believe it --- Ivan

Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
surely bones that had been cut in the heat of battle wouldn't be so cleanly cut :thumbsup:

just trying to make you feel better ;D

failing that go to confession and be blessed!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Couldn't someone get some DNA off of it to determine it was a human leg bone.....I'm pretty quick uncovering thing's but that would be an even quicker re-bury.I'm alway's thinking about finding "thing's" around the field's at Antietam,read storie's about them burying them where they lay,no marker's either.You should at least contact somebody.....Joe

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor Ivan. You just want to hunt and now you are on a burial detail. I would feel the same. Maybe contact local law enforcement and let them decide.

SKD

WeDigOhio- no bones about it

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No sweat pal! I am just as close to something similar to your insident.I detected at Isla Verde beach a cloudy day with my coinmaster 5000d s2, a paper aluminum wrapped wood box containing a ragged pinned up vodoo doll with a note under it.Don't ask me what it said inside I didn't had the guts to tamper with the contents.I just did what the lady renting the beach chairs told me place your hand over it and pray with faith the our fathers prayer.I did that and slammed with all my might that darn thing in the waste basket I felt much better after that, what a yuckey feeling of death came upon me on opening that stupid thing. :tard: :o

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
shaun7 said:
surely bones that had been cut in the heat of battle wouldn't be so cleanly cut :thumbsup:

just trying to make you feel better ;D

failing that go to confession and be blessed!

I say definately ham or cow. If it were something that was cut while the animal was living there would be extra marks on that sucker from the amputee kicking around. They would probably look something like hesitation marks or maybe like when you miss the mark on the piece of lumber you are sawing...just a thought.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i guess it could be an amputated limb from a field hospital during the civil war. if it makes you feel any better, the guy very well could have survived his wounds and lived to a ripe old age. :wink:

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I take no chances if the least bit of doubt -- rebury right away --I hunt deer and wild hogs -- didn't seem right shape for them the cut was very clean however -- I keep saying ham bone -- ham bone- ham bone

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
like I said instant reburial* fast as my hands could go -- no photos no bring it home and returning it later stuff--just get it back in the ground as fast as possible --say I'm sorry and change spots right away . I never knowingly mess wit da dead --going to be one of em some day --and god help any that disturb my rest thinking its funny :boxing:

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Good point.
Mkaes you wonder.
If it was sawn it may have been the lower half. No body, just a damaged leg removed after a battle perhaps.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I 'm thinking lower leg cut off by civil war era doctor-- it was a leg bone of some sorts --clearly very very old say 100 years plus and neatly cut -- I am a hunter and it the "bone" didn't seem "right" for a hog or deer --the spot was used by union troops and operations MIGHT have been done there -- many bullets and buttons where found in the area in the past (surgical dump areas often have lots of both items) mangled blood stained uniforms and limbs were often burnt or buried in pits nearby the operation area .

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Hey Ivan,
I wouldn't tell anybody. They could cut off the detecting in a heart beat because of
a perceived historical site. But it was a ham bone anyway!!

Slabman

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep ham bone --ham bone --ham bone :tard:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what did you hit on metal detecting that had you dig up the thing to begin with?

The hip bones...connected to the ham bone...the ham bones..connected to the leg bone..the leg bones connected to the gold coin ???

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
what did you hit on metal detecting that had you dig up the thing to begin with?

The hip bones...connected to the ham bone...the ham bones..connected to the leg bone..the leg bones connected to the gold coin ???

She's got a good question! What was giving you a reading around the........uh.......... "ham bone"......?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions