1909 Barber Half and ?????

ClutchCargo69

Sep 25, 2007
This past weekend, my son his friend, another friend and myself detected a new spot we found here in CT. Looks like the place saw activity from the mid 1700's until the 1920's. A VIN plate from a Model T and Two coins were found. This nice Barber Half and a mystery copper. The copper is the same size as the King George Half Cents. Very worn.....the only thing visible is the letter VI or VT on the right hand side. I don't think it is a Vermont copper as I believe those were VERMON. As far as being British. The only thing I can find with a VI is Edward VI, who was from the 1540's until the 1550's. Connecticut has some nice colonial sights, but, that is going back to far. Unless, 250 years ago, someone lost a really waor coin that was 200 years old at the time.
Any ideas??? Thanks.
Clutch

Attachments

• Barber Post.jpg
    Barber Post.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0

eggbag

Mar 17, 2008
nice find on the barber! im no help on the copper but someone on here swhould be able to id off the outlines left on it. see if you can take a better pic and post it in the whats it forum. what part of ct are you in? im in the hartford area and always lookin to share some hunting spots.happy hunting.

OP
OP
C

ClutchCargo69

Sep 25, 2007
Eggbag...Central part of CT. I belong to Yankee Territory Coinshooting. Meet in East Hartford at the Library at 7:00 on the second Tuesday of the month.

eggbag

Mar 17, 2008
cool ill be there 2moro to check it out. Tony at tc's told me about the club a few weeks ago . looking foward to it!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking Half!

Steve

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!! Wish I could find some 'coin' dated closer to the turn of the century!! Way to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread