Silver ring, one lonely wheat cent, and clad

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello everyone!

My wife and I grabbed a bite to eat after work tonight and headed to a park down town. I only got to detect for about an hour ~ it was barely 7:pm and it was too dark to see! DANG! I dug one 1944-S Wheat cent, four clad quarters, six clad dimes, zero nickels, and about 20 memorial cents. The best thing I dug was a cool looking silver ring marked 925. I'm not sure what the design is ~ can anyone tell me what it means?

I took two pic's of the ring ~ I'm not sure which way is up and which way is down!

Thanks for looking!

Neil

8^)

Attachments

• Oct7-2008ring1.jpg
    Oct7-2008ring1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 296
  • Oct7-2008ring2.jpg
    Oct7-2008ring2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Neil..........
Haven't seen one like that yet!
See ya weekend after this one. Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Buddy i went out also and found a silver ring Went to u high I got a nice hit that was screaming silver dime it is under a root that is solid I can not get with my probe so I know it is 3" deep at least ? is do I try and hack it out or leave it if we get over there I will show you were it is HH

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice ring...Did you eat meat the day you found it and if so was it pork or beef????LOL.......jgas

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
RONC(OR) said:
Buddy i went out also and found a silver ring Went to u high I got a nice hit that was screaming silver dime it is under a root that is solid I can not get with my probe so I know it is 3" deep at least ? is do I try and hack it out or leave it if we get over there I will show you were it is HH

I say hack it out of there! Bring a hammer & chizzle and get that treasure out of the ground!

8^)

Foiled Again

Oct 30, 2006
Thunder Bay Ontario
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Explorer SE Pro
Hey oddcoins:

Found a ring just like that in '06. Here is a pic of mine: I found it on the shore of Lake Superior at a campsite.

2006goodstuff2.JPG

Here is a little information about the symbolism:

Om or Aum
As the cross is to Christians, the Om is to Hindus. It is made up of three Sanskrit letters, aa, au and ma which, when combined, make the sound Aum or Om. The most important symbol in Hinduism, it occurs in every prayer and invocation to most deities begins with it. As the symbol of piety, Om is often found at the head of letters, pendants, enshrined in every Hindu temple and family shrines.

Foiled Again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread