Lunch hour hunt ~ Key date ROSIE DIME ~ medallion ~ mini-WARRIOR dude!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello! Well, today is Wednesday ~ the day that I meet with my co-workers down town to eat a big ol' burrito for lunch! After lunch I stayed downtown to do some detecting before I had to go back to the office. My first two digs were 1945-S wheat cents! I figured I'd find silver soon! I dug some clad, one more 1940's wheat cent, a UNION PACIFIC lucky piece medallion thingy, and a little lead Warrior figurine. The little warrior dude is only about an inch tall ~ and someone engraved 1978 on the bottom/base. I wanted a piece of silver so bad that I ended up being almost 30 minutes late getting back to work! But the last target of the day was the key date Rosie dime ~ 1949-S!! And dang it if I didn't scratch the holy crap out of it! OUCH!! Oh well ~ scratched silver is better still than no silver!

This 1949-S dime is my silver coin find #84 for the year!

Thanks for looking!
Neil

8^)

Attachments

• Oct8-2008token.jpg
    Oct8-2008token.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 589
  • Oct8-2008littleman.jpg
    Oct8-2008littleman.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 590
  • Oct8-2008dime.jpg
    Oct8-2008dime.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
Hay Neil,

That lead warior is awesome.

Could be worth something.

Thanks for sharing,

Tabdog

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neil I love your honesty.....Congrat's on the Key Rosie...I got one of those little dude's,stand about an inch tall like you say,but the one I have is the Grim Reeper......Game piece maybe? Cool find's!!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Colonial KirkPA said:
I don't understand why you "deck" your coins. You digging with a screwdriver? :icon_scratch:

Kirk

Are you telling me that you've never scratched a coin while digging it up?! If so, I don't believe you!

This one today I dug in a strip of grass that was littered with bottle caps. I could tell I had a good coin target but when I went to pinpoint there was junk too close and my pinpointing was off, so I ended up scratching the silver dime! DANG IT!!!

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
dex378 said:
The little guy is a dungeons and dragons figure from the eighties.

From the 1980's? Why did someone engrave 1978 on the bottom of the base?

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Congrats on the hunt and its not bad just looks like he cut himself shaving HA. HA. WTG and Good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
t-bucket said:
Congrats on the hunt and its not bad just looks like he cut himself shaving HA. HA. WTG and Good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LOL ~ yeah, he only hit a major artery!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Neil,
You scalped 'em! :wink: ;D :D Yeah, I've done it. Even this year. :thumbsup:

Didn't know there was a key date Rosie. Those "S" mintmarks are hard to find for us eastern folks. 8)

Why are your pictures so fuzzy? You find a lot of good stuff. It's a crying shame the pics aren't clearer.

Bob

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mirage said:
Neil,
You scalped 'em! :wink: ;D :D Yeah, I've done it. Even this year. :thumbsup:

Didn't know there was a key date Rosie. Those "S" mintmarks are hard to find for us eastern folks. 8)

Why are your pictures so fuzzy? You find a lot of good stuff. It's a crying shame the pics aren't clearer.

Bob

YEAH it's the key date of the Roosevelt dime series! Look it up in the coin books! It's not worth a lot, but it's the best one!

My pic's are fuzzy because I take pic's with a regular anolog camcorder through an old WebTV set-up. Then I e-mail the pic's to my PC ~ not the best pic's, but it works!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you said Neil, silver is silver!! Congrats on the rosie. :thumbsup:
Anyone that has dug as many coins from the ground as you have, has scratched or damaged a coin in one way or another. And like you said, you don't believe them if they said they haven't.... I agree.
The rest of your treasures are neat too. Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Nice lunch digs. your figure is lead made by Ral Partha. They made tons of figs when Dugeons and Dragons was the rage.

Acevillav

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
silverfreak said:
Nice stuff O.C.
I hate it when I hack a coin...but it does happen. :wink:

Yeah, I hate it when I scratch my coins! But really it doesn't matter ~ I'm gonna keep all these coins until the day I die ~ then they are going to my son. Then what ever he does with them I don't care ~ I won't even know ~ I'll be dead!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Man ,you really have the most productive lunch hours .I wish I could do that on my lunch break.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread