Barber Time!! 31 For 31!!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone!!

The SE Pro Coil strikes again!! :blob8: I was going to meet a couple of my detecting buddies this morning at the "silver park", so I headed out early to try and beat this Fall heatwave we're having. I was hoping for 1 silver coin to extend my consecutive silver streak in the turf. I first went to my favorite little spot where I've been doing so well for the past 6 weeks. I only spent about an hour at this spot, because I wanted to meet up with my buddies in a different section. I couldn't find a silver coin, but got a few wheats, including a 1909 wheatie (no S or VDB). After an hour, I drove over to the other section of the park, and didn't see anyone there, so I got out an tried my hardest to find a silver coin. This area of the park has been really pillaged/scraped of hundreds of old coins. I was hoping to get a few more. The sun was beating down on me, and I was just saying to myself, "I think this is the end of my streak". I started to find a few wheaties, and recovered a button and pin during this time. The button reads "Es Devs Spes Nostra" with a bird on it, while the pin reads "Japanese Chamber of Commerce, LA". I finally heard a decent sounding "silver" signal, and at about 7", I dug a '64 Rosie. Phewww!!! What a relief!! :tongue1: Within minutes, and about 15 ft away from the Rosie, another good "silver" signal. Bam, a '63 Rosie. More wheaties started to show. I was detecting an area that I, along with at least 8 other Explorer hunters have been over. I was nearing an underground water pipe, and my machine started to chatter a little. Right next to the pipe, I hear a nice fluty, deep sound. I dig, and to my surprise, I saw it was a barber dime, a 1900S. The dime was standing straight up in the hole, down around 7". :occasion18: After scanning the area around the barber dig for a few more minutes, I decided to call it a day. This day was quite different from my past 10 trips to this park. The silver didn't show til the end of my hunt. I might as well celebrate now, because I think my 31 consecutive silver streak will be over very soon. But, for now, it's still alive!!

Thanks for looking!!
Keep The Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Oh, here's the Wheatie dates for those interested: '09, 18s, 27, 29s, 35, 37, 37s, 40(2), 42, 44, 45, 45s, 51D, 53, 57, 58D.

Attachments

• IMG_3102_sm.jpg
    IMG_3102_sm.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 643
  • 1900S_100808.jpg
    1900S_100808.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_3105_sm.jpg
    IMG_3105_sm.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 639
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Locke said:
Congrats on the finds barber and everything else...this is from a Collectible Textiles Web site "Teutonic eagle with Es Devs Spes Nostra, translates as 'God is our hope'". http://www.rubylane.com/shops/twinkler/item/091025

Thanks a lot, Locke!! Appreciate the research on my button!!

Good luck to you!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you hit it everyday I see 84 more Silver until the end of the year.Great dig's Dan,hope the Streak continue's into 09'....Still waiting on the "silver drop" Vid ;D

top pop top

Aug 30, 2007
ca
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
Can't wait to see what is next. Nice barber , the west coast is great for all those ssssssssssssssssss.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Nice Barber, Dan! Congrats on the great JCOC pin and the other great coins!!! Keep keeping the streak alive!

Captn Dan's Scorecard

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34....... :dontknow:

Congrats Captn!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tellin' ya' the streak will not die. :wink: It will still be going as the snow starts falling ;D
Nice digs my friend...and a Barber dime to boot :thumbsup:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on number 31 in a row Capt. nice haul of coins AND a Barber Dime WTG :icon_thumleft:
Glenn

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dan,

You ain't a never gonna get skunked, bud! With your professional knowledge and passion, I think Minelab should run a story on you. You are a walking metal datecting billboard. :D

Wow, 31 for 31! :thumbsup: That is definitely top-notch! :thumbsup:

You are the MAN, Dan! :thumbsup: :D

Keep your SE coil low and your passion high!

Kirk

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
WTG Dan,Glad you are still finding silver,Anyone who finds over 100 silver in a year is having a Great year !!!! Who cares if 32 don't find silver. Congrats on a Great hunt and Good luck on # 32 !!! :thumbsup:

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
OH YEAH ~ DAN IS THE MAN!!! Nice Barber dime dude! I too dug a button just like the one you got ~ I dug mine last year! Very cool! KEEP AT IT DUDE!!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
You are still kicking out the silver every time you go hunting! Do you ever put any of the silver coins in coin cases and display all of your finds?

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Dan rocks!!!
Way to go big guy. Nice job on that Barber.
-Doug-

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
31 straight hunts with silver?
That's nut's.
And you ALWAYS pull a FEW each time!
Lately, I've been LUCKY if I pull 3 or 4 silvers a MONTH!
Nice Barber Dime! Congrats!
I'm hoping I can hunt into December here in PA.
But it's starting to get pretty cold at night already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread