Sundays Civil War finds, my first Dragoon button.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a call Sunday am from a good friend, he said that he and his Son were at a site that was getting the top soil stripped off for a new baseball field. Jeff said it was a large area and was plenty of room for the 3 of us to hunt. When I got there I saw a scabbard tip Jeremy found on top of the ground!
They both had a few bullets as well. I got started and dug a few small round balls and Jeff and I both eyeballed a couple of arrowhead's. They had to leave early in the afternoon and I stayed and hunted, mainly because the Park caretaker said after he seeds it we cannot hunt it anymore.
I went and ate lunch and when I returned he was running a dirt box behind a tractor which was pulverising the dirt clods. After his third pass I went over and showed him a 3 ringer I just dug. I wasn't to happy about the guy doing that because it was on a Sunday and he is just a volunteer at the park.
Luckily he stopped and allowed me a chance to cover the area again. I got a signal and it was a button. After getting home I dry brushed it and it was a Dragoon button! I might have the tip of a sword as well, I need to do some electrolysis and see how it turns out. Hope everyone has a great week. Tim

Attachments

• Oct stuff 013.jpg
    Oct stuff 013.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Oct stuff 015.jpg
    Oct stuff 015.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Oct stuff 016.jpg
    Oct stuff 016.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 287
  • Oct stuff 018.jpg
    Oct stuff 018.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 291
  • Oct stuff 021.jpg
    Oct stuff 021.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Oct stuff 023.jpg
    Oct stuff 023.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh wow, I love em all..specially the arrowhead, I have yet to find one.. :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Very nice relics,maybe you can hunt the field again in the future.I bet there is some more relics in that field,keep that field in your mind.Congrats.

fortbball9

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The dragoon buttons are few and far between. In 13 years of CW Relic hunting, I have only found one. They are pre CW and are mafe better than the wartime ones. Great Find and HH!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions