Bottle Diggin, Relic Finding weekend.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Zaxfire here again. Went out this past weekend with the wife to do some detecting and ended up pulling bottles most of the day. These finds are a total of 2 days with about 3-4 hours a day of diggin. The site is a late 1800 to 1930's Home site, Deep in the woods. I know this because most of my finds date to the 20's and a couple of my bottles are late 1800's style bottles so I am guessing. No maps where this place is located

Here I am finding a sweet button.

IMG_0006.jpg

Here I am showing off a bottle I found that still had the cap on it.
IMG_0012.jpg

Here are a few of the bottles coming out of one hole I dug.
IMG_0013.jpg

Here is a panaramic shot of the bottles dug from the 2 trips.
DSC01012.jpg

Here is the relics removed. 3 silver spoons and another that I am not sure of yet. And if you guys remember the last post I had I found half of an old pen. Well this 2nd trip I found the other half. Now I have a full pen.
DSC01013.jpg

This is the shotgun shells, buttons and a couple buckles I found. Also an unidentified square lead or pewter thingy.
DSC01014.jpg

I am going to be hunting this site for quite sometime. It is so crazy you literally dig down anywhere and a bottle or 2 pops out. Never been to another site like this one. It is really fun and I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zax, great finds. Love to bottle dig myself. Congrats on all the cool finds. Hogge :thumbsup:

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking relics and the bottles are very cool!

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottles, I would imagine you could search there for some years still....

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
took my 8 yr old squirrel hunting and he wanted me to show hime the dumps in the woods i thought i had all the good stuff but he walked out with a whole grocery bag full(mom was so happy lol ) anyway i found another old soda water pop bottle im sure coca cola has stars around top I thought i had all of them several years ago from here. Needless to say i gave it to him. Have you ever detected these sites always wanted to to see if I could hit a old coin. I probably will once the growth in the woods dies down. Dave

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I see the LSU cap. Are you from Louisiana? We do a little bottle digging from time to time in our area of the state and some over at Natchez.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's bound to be a Sweet Coin there somewhere Zax.....Awesome find's and Great Display.Really my kinda diggin'.Congrat's and Best Of Luck!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0028.jpg

As you can see I am sitting on go. I have my sifter ready and if everything goes according to plan hopefully I will be able to go dig a little on Saturday. I am going to bring shovel, potato hook and sifter. Along with my various small diggers. Gonna be a day strictly bottle diggin. Metal detectors are gonna sit at home. I am gonna dig down and start heading up the hill and see what comes out. Hopefully I will collect some nice bottles and nice relics. Maybe some coinage to boot. We will see. I will post up my finds for you guys to check out. I am expecting some good ones. Graycloud I am in Natchez, Ms. We will have to get together sometime and do some hunting. Treasuretales. I can use the screen already there were relics on top of my bottles I was finding. So this is going to be a long process. Gonna sift a great deal. I like the relics.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
He probably has a real good site. There are thousand like that here in Louisiana. The older topo maps show many of the old house spots that are gone today. Good luck, take your time and these sites will just keep on giving. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread