Bottle Diggin, Relic Finding weekend.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    "The Detector Stand Man"

Jun 2008
    Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
    399 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Bottle Diggin, Relic Finding weekend.

Hello everyone. Zaxfire here again. Went out this past weekend with the wife to do some detecting and ended up pulling bottles most of the day. These finds are a total of 2 days with about 3-4 hours a day of diggin. The site is a late 1800 to 1930's Home site, Deep in the woods. I know this because most of my finds date to the 20's and a couple of my bottles are late 1800's style bottles so I am guessing. No maps where this place is located

Here I am finding a sweet button.

Here I am showing off a bottle I found that still had the cap on it.

Here are a few of the bottles coming out of one hole I dug.

Here is a panaramic shot of the bottles dug from the 2 trips.

Here is the relics removed. 3 silver spoons and another that I am not sure of yet. And if you guys remember the last post I had I found half of an old pen. Well this 2nd trip I found the other half. Now I have a full pen.

This is the shotgun shells, buttons and a couple buckles I found. Also an unidentified square lead or pewter thingy.

I am going to be hunting this site for quite sometime. It is so crazy you literally dig down anywhere and a bottle or 2 pops out. Never been to another site like this one. It is really fun and I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

us
    Jan 2008
    Pennsylvania
    36 times

Re: Bottle Diggin, Relic Finding weekend.

nice finds been looking for a good bottle dump myself

au
    Jan 2006
    Canberra
    Fisher F75
    39 times

Looks like a good spot - love the small bottles.
    Ad astra per alia porci

Zax, great finds. Love to bottle dig myself. Congrats on all the cool finds. Hogge
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800--** British 31st ROF Cartridge Box Plate** SOLD!! (PRIVATE AMOUNT), Vermont Ryder-3 *$1200...To be continued

us
    It Ain't Easy Being Fat And Greasy.

Dec 2007
    Foxboro, Massachussetts
    Ace 250
    2 times

Wow, you have some great stuff there!!!
    The Last of the Truly Free Men.
    Protected By The Constitution.

us
    417 Area Relic Hunters

Sep 2005
    Springfield, Missouri
    Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
    25 times

Nice looking relics and the bottles are very cool!
    ----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
    417 RELIC HUNTERS CLUB

Metal Detector Sales of SWMO

Jul 2005
    15 times

very nice finds. i never get many bottles.

Jun 2007
    XP Deus
    150 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Nice bottles, I would imagine you could search there for some years still....

us
    Apr 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
    21 times

Bottle digging would be sooo cool! Very nice job!
    Anyone can make life interesting you just have to go out there and do things instead of sitting on your butt doing nothing. Second quote: Life is about trying new things not just standing around.

us
    Jul 2008
    ohio
    ace 250
    1 times

took my 8 yr old squirrel hunting and he wanted me to show hime the dumps in the woods i thought i had all the good stuff but he walked out with a whole grocery bag full(mom was so happy lol ) anyway i found another old soda water pop bottle im sure coca cola has stars around top I thought i had all of them several years ago from here. Needless to say i gave it to him. Have you ever detected these sites always wanted to to see if I could hit a old coin. I probably will once the growth in the woods dies down. Dave

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    97 times

I see the LSU cap. Are you from Louisiana? We do a little bottle digging from time to time in our area of the state and some over at Natchez.

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    PA-MD
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    924 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

There's bound to be a Sweet Coin there somewhere Zax.....Awesome find's and Great Display.Really my kinda diggin'.Congrat's and Best Of Luck!!

us
    "The Detector Stand Man"

Jun 2008
    Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
    399 times
    Banner Finds (1)

As you can see I am sitting on go. I have my sifter ready and if everything goes according to plan hopefully I will be able to go dig a little on Saturday. I am going to bring shovel, potato hook and sifter. Along with my various small diggers. Gonna be a day strictly bottle diggin. Metal detectors are gonna sit at home. I am gonna dig down and start heading up the hill and see what comes out. Hopefully I will collect some nice bottles and nice relics. Maybe some coinage to boot. We will see. I will post up my finds for you guys to check out. I am expecting some good ones. Graycloud I am in Natchez, Ms. We will have to get together sometime and do some hunting. Treasuretales. I can use the screen already there were relics on top of my bottles I was finding. So this is going to be a long process. Gonna sift a great deal. I like the relics.

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    97 times

He probably has a real good site. There are thousand like that here in Louisiana. The older topo maps show many of the old house spots that are gone today. Good luck, take your time and these sites will just keep on giving.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links