67.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0

PANNONIAN

Jan 6, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Good hunt! Doing good with hammered coins aren't you? They must have lost a full wagon of buttons there in the past! The ornate piece in the upper center is pottery? I like it. Pannonian

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PANNONIAN said:
The ornate piece in the upper center is pottery? I like it. Pannonian

Yes, its fairly modern pot lid fragment

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cru,

I'm wondering, in these fields that have been plowed so many times over hundreds of years, are your finds below the area that gets plowed or do they get tossed around and damaged by tillers?

Born Free

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born Free said:
Cru,

I'm wondering, in these fields that have been plowed so many times over hundreds of years, are your finds below the area that gets plowed or do they get tossed around and damaged by tillers?

Born Free

Funny you should ask. I forgot to add on the first post, that the Ed I coin was mangled up & it took a lot of straightening with my teeth to get it someway flat. So things get hit all the time. Plough brings things up (Friend) & often breaks them (Foe).

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice full flan Henry111..... this ones a bit above average of what normally comes out, I see you were plagued with the dreaded buttons today as I was, I must have dug thirty or more :tard:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tyre kicker said:
Nice full flan Henry111..... this ones a bit above average of what normally comes out, I see you were plagued with the dreaded buttons today as I was, I must have dug thirty or more :tard:

I was pleased with the Henry III, as other than yesterday with my first Tealby, we have had a bit of a hammered drought (not like you :D )

If you image how many button we have had off this field in 8 years, it makes you wonder if the soil is in the minority.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
tyre kicker said:

I was pleased with the Henry III, as other than yesterday with my first Tealby, we have had a bit of a hammered drought (not like you :D )

If you image how many button we have had off this field in 8 years, it makes you wonder if the soil is in the minority.
I'v heard that Archy's sow feilds with buttons to put detectorists off, especially near important areas :(

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tyre kicker said:
CRUSADER said:
tyre kicker said:

I'v heard that Archy's sow feilds with buttons to put detectorists off, especially near important areas :(

I have heard similar stories. Although this is no where near anywhere important. I think it was a medieval sheep market/holding area.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the coin to the left of the lead seal in picture two, looks like a Scottish brodal :icon_study:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
tyre kicker said:
CRUSADER said:
tyre kicker said:

i think this is where i come in ;D

ukeden

Jun 16, 2006
cumbria
Detector(s) used
ace 250,whites spectrum
love the hammered looks like your having a great year so far m8 :thumbsup:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in a race with time also. The man that owned the property where my site is passed away about a month a go. Its fixing to be heir property. Who knows what will happen to it. I really like your finds. They are great. Thanks for sharing.....

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd rather have the amount of button's than your "scrappie's" Cru.......That's just me!!!!....Awesome dig's and Love the GPS method,wish I had the time!!!!! :thumbsup:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi crusader Nice Finds According to this link British Archies dig up buttons not throwing them around

British archies with french and australian are at present digging up the remains of missing persons from ww1 at Fromelles France.

Link http://www.fromellesmissing.com

tinpan

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tyre kicker said:
What's the coin to the left of the lead seal in picture two, looks like a Scottish brodal :icon_study:

Its a brass 17th century Farthing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread