2nd silver ring and she is a beauty! I did the happy dance + Im a happy camper!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
2nd silver ring and she is a beauty! I did the happy dance + I'm a happy camper!

Hey guys! Well today I got out again! It was really foggy this morning, but I drove all the way to Seattle to meet up with Dennis (Minelab Dealer) at his house and then go for a day of detecting. We headed to a park in the heart of Seattle where tons of people hang out. Well to say the least I was very excited about it! :) I put in the modes that Dennis had given me before and I then turned my sensitivity to 7 and my recovery mode at FAST.

My first target was a quarter; I thought that was cool. I then got a Dime; Oh cool. Third target was a penny; the fourth target, I was really amazed at what came out of the ground. I saw a ring in my hands. It looked very beautiful. I brushed off the dirt on the inside because the rest of the outside looked like silver. As I saw the markings .925 I yelled, "SILVER!" to Dennis. He was very surprised also! Since we were only aloud to hunt no more then 4 inches deep; I was amazed that I had gotten SILVER for the day.

The rest of the hour all I got were a bunch of quarters and dimes. Around the beginning of the 2nd hour I pulled out an elongated penny! :) It was another surprise to add to my total of coins. It got really tiring after that digging all the pennies. I was about ready to quit by 2 and a half hours but I never gave up. I would have only spent that much time hunting because I had already gotten my silver for the day. But I went on and found a Spanish copy coin (It was a fake of course)! It was from Florida and we both looked at it and were surprised that it ended up in Seattle. A tourist must have dropped it when visiting Seattle from Florida.

When it got to 2:50pm It had almost been three hours. My hands and legs were tired from all of the digging. All in all I had a wonderful day and got my second silver ring! :)

Here are the pictures:

Finds for the day:
IMG_0419.jpg

Front of the Spanish copy coin:
IMG_0427.jpg

Back of the Spanish copy coin:
IMG_0433.jpg

Front of the silver ring:
IMG_0442.jpg

Inside of the silver ring that was marked .925:
IMG_0440.jpg

Total clad was: $6.20

I hit two milestones today yet again with my SE! I got my 2nd silver ring and got $6.20 in change! Finally setting the bar over $5! :)

Upvote 0

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2nd silver ring and she is a beauty! I did the happy dance + I'm a happy camper!

Some days are just sooooo..GOOD.Congrats :hello2:

S

seger98

Re: 2nd silver ring and she is a beauty! I did the happy dance + I'm a happy camper!

Nice score on the ring! :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Way to go. Congrats on the silver ring. Looks like you are becoming an old pro with the SE. :thumbsup:
Dman

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Just plain fantastic. Glad ya had a good day. Congrats on the silver.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

He was very surprised also! Since we were only aloud to hunt no more then 4 inches deep;

Where did that rule come from, DF? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Is there a ranger that carries a ruler with him at the park, and measures each hole you make? ;D ;D ;D

I wouldn't be anywhere near that park if I couldn't dig deeper than 4". :'(

I'm glad you found a ton of clad and a very nice silver ring.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice ring, congrats!

No deeper than 4" , that sounds kinda dumb, once you cut a plug, or start digging in the dirt, why should it matter how deep you go?

Good luck,
HH.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

DF, looks like your getting the detector down now. Great finds on the silver and clad. Too bad about the fake coin, oh well at least you had a great time and learned something from the dealer.

Keep up the great detecting.

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 487
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 496

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL

She is a beauty! WTG!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Super ring, DF..and that coin find is neat! 8)

Congrats on all those finds! Nana :)

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Nice find on the silver ring. :thumbsup:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My detector won't even get out of bed to only go down 4 inches. nice finds :thumbsup:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Cool. 8) I love finding silver rings. I have never found a duplicate. :icon_sunny:

The Spanish copy coin is cool too. :)

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread