Western PA drained dam/towns

Elkco

Aug 21, 2006
Wilcox, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm IV
RedSummit, his wife, and I explored just a small portion of the old town of Straight, PA, now that the dam is emptying out for maintenance. Finding a lot more than just metal, too! Old jars and bottles, eyeglass lens, glass buttons. Along with a copper fishing reel, 4 pocket watches(minus a front cover and some gears), coper sheet(may be a shingle?), an axe head and a splitting maul head.

Attachments

• 10-19-08#2.jpg
    10-19-08#2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 10-19-08.jpg
    10-19-08.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 253
  • axe & maul.jpg
    axe & maul.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Elkco

Elkco

Aug 21, 2006
Wilcox, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm IV
Re: Western PA drained dam/towns Bottles

Went out to the town of Straight again. Not much in the way of metal but a HUGE day for bottles. They must have washed out of the hillside while the dam was draining. Most of them were at the edge of the water. 21 in all, whole, not chipped and most not even cracked. Father John's Medicine, Hires Root Beer extract, colbalt Laxol, and Kilmer's Swamp Root just to name a few. What a LONG walk back with about 30 lbs of bottles on my back, the shovel and detector but still rewarding. lol

Attachments

• 10-24-08 bottles.jpg
    10-24-08 bottles.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Imprinted bottles.jpg
    Imprinted bottles.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 254

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Hope all of this rain we had doesn't put a damper on further excursions. Do you run into many people that have the same plan of attack. Dig while the water is down?

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone give me a little instructions?

The photo with this post is very large and I can only see the left half of it. What does one do to see the entire photo? I have this problem with quite a few posts.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Nice bottles!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mac In Oak Ridge said:
Can someone give me a little instructions?

The photo with this post is very large and I can only see the left half of it. What does one do to see the entire photo? I have this problem with quite a few posts.

You can go to the bottom of his post, but before the replies and move the slider bar to the right, or right click on the picture and save it on your PC to open with your image program.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions