if it were any more humid these would have been underwater finds!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
great weather if your an ALLIGATOR! the humidity this morning is unbelievable. i did manage to get in two hours of hunting. between the heat,the hard ground and evidence that someone else had beaten me to it,finds were a little scarce today. just .31 cents in clad,some type of token,a bullet,(which is a little disturbing considering it was in a suburban park!hopefully it got there long before there were houses) and one wheat cent 1954. i dont know about you all,but i am ready for this summer stuff to be over! i cant wait for comfortable temps and some rain to soften the "hard as cement" ground.

Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what you mean.
It has been hot and dry here all summer. We had about 5" of rain all at one time. It didn't do anything to soften the ground.
Most of the construction has started to wind down, and can't find any good digging anywhere.
No water around here to hunt in, just mud bottom lakes.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean omni. I found several expended bullets around the playground equipment in the park where I went after the 4th of July. Looks as if they are using the playground equipment for target practice. There was a drive by shooting in that same park about two months ago. The ruffians prowl at night, don't see them in the daytime. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread