Backyard privy breathes new life into a Colt :)

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
:thumbsup: A handgun that is.The Hubby and I started to dig up what I suspected was the location of an old outhouse. Through out the years we would find alot of shards on top of the soil wich is in his garden. He was eager to start as well as I was. We believe that this may be a double outhouse. The yards on our street are all connected divided by fences. Most homes on the block are double homes. So yesturday we provided great entertainment for our neighbors..LOL The walls of the privy in the ground are made of wood .. We came in contact with the front,the back,and the one side on our property, the privy continues under the fence into the neighbors yard. About 3ft down we hit water,so we are digging in mud,clay,and at some spots it smells and looks like tar. A few hours into it the hubby yells out with excitement that he found a gun, and he thinks its real.. It was with the bullets still in there. We also found a couple local blop top soda bottles,kazoo,copper spoons, and another handgun that looks like an old mussel loader. We aren't done digging yet so I posted a few of the pics I took. I was wondering if anyone may no of whom we should go to get it restored or cleaned and what year the gun may be. It looks like a 38 or a 32.

Attachments

• JR and Brooke.jpg
    JR and Brooke.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,610
  • !!!NUI.jpg
    !!!NUI.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,068
  • !!!NUIO.jpg
    !!!NUIO.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,060
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cuddles17981

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
Thanks Jeff! I googled it and only came up with one only mentioned at gono.com,no pic and no info.. My sister in law and I decided to check the Tremont Library out last week , I was actually surprised to see what they had on the local history.. :icon_study: I mean even micro-film. :thumbsup: I mean, it might not be surprising to most people that their town has micro-film, but this town :icon_scratch: .... Anyways you don't have to have a membership to look at the micro-film(2.00 a hr.) but to take out any material you have to.. Dates back to the 1870's... not bad.. We went on a Saturday at like 12:30 and they were only open til 2..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread