Massachusetts Volunteer Militia Cuff Button at Antietam.....CLEANED UP PICS...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Massachusett's Volunteer Militia Cuff Button at Antietam.....CLEANED UP PIC'S...

I met up with Tymcmurray and Monkeyboy today for a field hunt...7:00am sharp we drove 5 min.'s to the field and immediately started finding lead,7 different caliber's along with a couple fired pistol's too.....Mind you now this was one of the field's that we weren't finding a whole lot in but we didn't hunt it alot either......Goes to show you I guess.Pretty much all lead until I hit the corner of the field then found a piece to a pocket watch I would assume,Ty verified the spring still kinda worked. ;D After a couple more roundball's and a fired Enfield I got a "button" hit.....I was debating if it was a Remington or a Winchester.It was already out of the whole and took a couple second's to find but this is what I finally came out with.....A Mass.Volunteer Militia cuff button,I was freaking out,knew it might be something good but couldn't tell just yet.Monkeyboy helped me out with the ID....It's Got more Gilt than what it look's like in the picture.All in All a good day for everyone I think.....More find's for me and Ty and A new case for Mark ;D Thank's for the company Feller's.... :thumbsup:

PA260015.JPG

PA260018.JPG

PA260026.JPG

PA260032.JPG

PA260045.JPG

Thank's for Looking!!!!!

Upvote 0

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
Re: Massachusett's Volunteer Militia Cuff Button at Antietam.....CLEANED UP PIC'S...

Very cool find !!!!! This is the oldest patch in the U.S. Army and I'm proud to wear it still today.
The history of the National Guard began on December 13, 1636, when the General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony ordered the organization of the Colony's militia companies into three regiments: The North, South and East Regiments. The colonists had adopted the English militia system which obligated all males, between the ages of 16 and 60, to possess arms and participate in the defense of the community. The early colonial militia drilled once a week and provided guard details each evening to sound the alarm in case of attack. The growing threat of the Pequot Indians to the Massachusetts Bay Colony required that the militia be in a high state of readiness. The organization of the North, South and East Regiments increased the efficiency and responsiveness of the militia. Although the exact date is not known, the first muster of the East Regiment took place in Salem, Massachusetts. The National Guard continues its historic mission of providing units for the first-line defense of the nation. The 101st Engineer Battalion, Massachusetts Army National Guard, continues the East Regiment's proud heritage of 350 years of service.

HH DDEII

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Massachusett's Volunteer Militia Cuff Button at Antietam.....CLEANED UP PIC'S...

WTG civil ! fantastic finds :thumbsup: congrats :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

DDEXPII said:
Very cool find !!!!! This is the oldest patch in the U.S. Army and I'm proud to wear it still today.
The history of the National Guard began on December 13, 1636, when the General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony ordered the organization of the Colony's militia companies into three regiments: The North, South and East Regiments. The colonists had adopted the English militia system which obligated all males, between the ages of 16 and 60, to possess arms and participate in the defense of the community. The early colonial militia drilled once a week and provided guard details each evening to sound the alarm in case of attack. The growing threat of the Pequot Indians to the Massachusetts Bay Colony required that the militia be in a high state of readiness. The organization of the North, South and East Regiments increased the efficiency and responsiveness of the militia. Although the exact date is not known, the first muster of the East Regiment took place in Salem, Massachusetts. The National Guard continues its historic mission of providing units for the first-line defense of the nation. The 101st Engineer Battalion, Massachusetts Army National Guard, continues the East Regiment's proud heritage of 350 years of service.

HH DDEII
Thank's DD for the History and More important Thank's for your sevice....My Son is over in Balad right now. :icon_salut: :thumbsup:

Uncle B

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2008

You rock Civilman :headbang: :headbang: Awesome button :thumbsup:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Best button I have seen found in a long time! Congrats. That's not one you find every day that is for sure.

Brian

L

lovedigging

Civil, Great button....Way to go :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Nice finds,

That button cleaned up great. Alot of gilt left on that one.

HH Jer

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That button is a great find. I can only imagine the feeling digging that up. Congrats.

Burdie

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CIVIL! Wow, what a find! :o That button is just super! Cleaned up great too!!!! :thumbsup:

Keep 'em coming!! Nana :wink:

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
Re: Massachusett's Volunteer Militia Cuff Button at Antietam.....CLEANED UP PIC'

That's a beauty!! :o I wish I was close enough to hunt with your crew!!! You guys are always finding awesome C.W. relics!! :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice one bud! Found the coat "brother" to that one last year here in Virginia! SUPER FIND my FRIEND :thumbsup: :icon_king: :wink: :wink: :wink: That wasn't such a bad day at all

My day didn't go as well....we must've cleaned the relics out pretty good....I did get a possible "trigger guard" but that is yet to be descerned until I can clean it up abit.

GREAT JOB! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1962Vdub

Feb 1, 2008
H-town MD
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

Nice finds Joe!!! You are gonna have awesome totals for this year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread