73.1 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Object looks like flag pole cap or something that was mounted to a piece of wood. Great finds and keep up the great detecting.

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 266
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 272

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bronco... I don't think this object was something to hold a candle, its made too good (appears to be casted) and has a design on it, not just lines or nothing at all. The objects from Relicdude and myself are made from thin metal, with hardly any design on them. They are very cheaply and simply made. I think also this could be a tip from a flag pole, small one of course. The hole could be for screwing it onto the pole. And especially to see that some remains of wood remain makes the idea sound correct.

There are candle holders where a small hole is created just in about the same place however so that after a candle is burnt down to a stub you can insert a nail to get the rest of the candle out..

Nice find!

OP
OP
B

bronco

Mar 2, 2008
Thanks for the ideas. I went back and checked. I thought it was to light and flimsy to hold up as a cane tip but It does seem to be solid metal from that last ring down to the point. Still seems like small diameter and pointy to be much of cane. It is definately heavier toward the tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread