If You Enjoy Fishing, You Will Probably Enjoy This......

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
one2-6.jpg

I am off two days, and decisions, decisions decisions. Where to go detecting at this time of year? I opted to hit some water, as my water days are soon coming to an end. I packed up more gear then I needed, and headed to a local lake. And that monster water-scoop is heavy, but it gets my targets usually on the first attempt. That foam-looking stuff along the shoreline turned out to be snow, so I popped some cool beverages in it to keep them cold.

asssr2.jpg

Here's the finds less all the wire, tin cans, common beer caps etc. Quite a variety of finds, and some nice vintage fishing tackle.

lures2-1.jpg

Here's some cleaned up tackle I found. from what I could find on the computer, it dates back to the 40's-50's. I always welcome these older vintage fishing tackle and am slowly building up a nice collection. And...some of that old fishing tackle goes for some big bucks too! Check it out......

maid2.jpg

I noticed another uncommon beer cap in my scoop, so I had to research it. It came from Edmonton some years back, and the abandoned building still remains today. I just might have to check it out for a hunt.

And.....the days are getting shorter. I was getting pretty cold, so I stayed until the sun set.​

Attachments

• sunset (2).jpg
    sunset (2).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
You are the one. Like your posts. Best of luck.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
John,

I see your using the small scorcher coil. Can you tell me why... what is the advantage of this coil?

You have some awesome finds by the way... I like your posts.

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Pfluege... I think is still on the trade. Great lures though, out of my memory I remember something similar in the elder's fishing nests, when I was a kid.

M.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread