2nd Gold Coin while finding civil war relics!

L

lovedigging

Today was a great day, because I had the day off! My brother and I started off the day by going bow hunting. I was fortunate enough to take a buck while my brother was filming it. Not quite like the Canadian deer we will be chasing in a few weeks, but good practice. After dropping the deer off at the butcher to be processed, I had my White's DFX in the truck and plenty of daylight left, so I decided to see what civil war relics were left to find. I'll have to say it was one of my best days ever. Within 5 minutes of starting I found an eagle cavalry button, followed by a few bullets. Not too long after, I discovered 5 eagle cuff buttons within a 4 foot circle. I finally reached the area where I had found a gold coin a few months ago and started finding lots of different things to make me feel that there used to be a home there. I was digging lots of iron items, but every once in awhile I would hit on something good. I had been digging this area for about an hour when I hit a really good signal. When I dug it, it was an 1886 one-dollar piece. When I stood up I immediately hit another signal, and that's when I dug the 1898 one-cent piece. I hit that area pretty hard for about 30 minutes, and then hit another strong signal. This time I nearly had heart failure! When I un-earthed my 2nd gold coin (for the year), I couldn't believe it. It was a 2 1/2 dollar, 1910, gold coin. At this point I don't even remember if dug anything else. Next thing I remember I was in my truck, flying back home and trying to call my brother to let him know about my great finds. Hope you enjoy the pictures....

Attachments

• gold coin front.JPG
    gold coin front.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 12,176
  • gold coin back.JPG
    gold coin back.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 12,087
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 12,087
  • everything CW..JPG
    everything CW..JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 12,078
  • 3 coins.JPG
    3 coins.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 11,326
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
OMG!!!! :o :o :o :o

Awesome finds, tcooper1!! That's a BANNER DAY all the way!!!!!

Major congrats to you!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dred Pirat Dodd

Aug 1, 2008
Holy excrement son! I am seriously jealous. If I ever get off this cursed island I am going to do nothing but look for one of those. Way to be. You must be flyin high, and livin right...

Does this mean the 18** California coin turned out to be real? I never saw an update...

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
wow...... i have saw a 2 1/2 dollar piece in person, but never dug one............ I have dreamed of that though many many times.......... what a sight at the bottom of any hole :D

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T cooper , those finds are so BANNER its ridiculous ! I am dreaming of a day like that. Hey can you

give us some idea of the vdi numbers on the gold piece ? Thanks Argentium.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BANNER finds for sure TC. Two gold coins in a year is a dream come true indeed. All of your finds on this hunt were fantastic.
WAY TO GO!!! :icon_king:
-MM-

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys have any good jobs and houses for sale out there on the east coast??? Congrats on an awesome day detecting. Rediculous finds. :thumbsup:

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a awesome hunt that gold coin is beautiful, that Morgan is nice to and a nice collection of buttons congrats on a banner hunt for sure.

Rebel Man

Jan 26, 2007
Fredericksburg Va
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a Quicksilver & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yeaaaaaaa!!!!
Thats the way to do it, bag a deer bow huntin and dig a gold coin all in a day!!
Banner I say, or did I say a banner day.LOL

Nice lookin gold & relics my freind
I got my spot picked out already this year its just waitin for me.
Rebel Man

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 and a 1/2 dollar, and a Morgan? I hate you. Good stuff.

cowboykelly

Dec 10, 2007
Lubbock
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Now that's a great day! Harvested a buck, with your bow, nonetheless, and had a great day of metal detecting! Makes you want to have more days off I bet. I want to see the video of the buck! Great finds!

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
That's insane!! I would be hunting that spot every spare second till there wasn't a signal left for miles. Not just a gold coin but those buttons are beauties, I can't believe how much gold and detail are left on those!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread