Surf n Turf

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

After some errands today, there was just enough time to get in some good ol' MDing :). Managed to make it to the beach right at low tide, and poked around for about an hour and a half. Nothing noteworthy to report, except that I froze and had to run home early.

Ran in, changed into land gear(warmer gear I might add), and went back out to a nearby school. Hunted there for about the same amount of time until sundown drove me away. It was there, on this day, that I dug my very first Merc!! 1927 in rough shape only 2-3 inches deep.
1927 merc.JPG
I dug 5 silver rosies this weekend, and thought a merc would elude me long long time. I was very glad to give this coin a warm home after so many long cold years alone in the dirt ;D. I look forward to a more thurough search at this schoolyard.

And on a more personal note, my wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary this week, and we managed to get a picture of me that isn't awful. And yes, I do consider her to be my best find to date. :love3:
mini.JPG

Happy hunting,
Anthony

Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a couple :thumbsup:

"Best find to date" , Get it right Mate, Best Find For Ever ;D
Mike

brinker52

Greenie
Jul 13, 2008
Sacramento, Ca.
Detector(s) used
shopping for another machine currently
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary bro......I was taking my Wife to a obgyn appointment last week and the Doc asked me the question....how long have you been married?? I said " a little over 4 years "...he smiled and corrected me and said that when I get asked that question ...how long have you been married?? the best answer is "not long enough". I laughed a hearty laugh, and smiled. The obgyn Doc is 25 years my senior and he was teaching a young guy like me some of his wisdom :). I wish you the very best and pray that your life is full of happiness and that you become rich in every area of your life !! brinker52

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congrats on your first merc and your first anniversary, Anthony!! :thumbsup:
I'm betting there are more mercs, rosies, and wheats at that school.

Wow, I just noticed that you wore a tux to your 1 year anniversary.That's very classy! I remember only wearing a tuxedo once in my whole life. It was at a family wedding I was in.
Is your detector hiding behind you against the wall in your second pic? ;D :D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Captn_SE said:
Congrats on your first merc and your first anniversary, Anthony!! :thumbsup:
I'm betting there are more mercs, rosies, and wheats at that school.

Wow, I just noticed that you wore a tux to your 1 year anniversary.That's very classy! I remember only wearing a tuxedo once in my whole life. It was at a family wedding I was in.
Is your detector hiding behind you against the wall in your second pic? ;D :D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

We decided to wear our wedding garments for out anniversary. I was able to find a tux 2 months before our wedding at an estate sale for $95. And it fits almost perfectly! If that's not enough - her dress cost $20 brand new. Whoever said weddings have to be costly was not aware of how to find deals :).

This school is 100 years old - I am sure there are Indian heads, Buffalo's, V nickles, Barbers, and more in the ground. Only problem is I can't seem to break 6 inches with this Etrac.

And no, she would have killed me for taking my detector there! Although the restraint is over 50 years old...and I did mention over dinner, "I wonder if they would let me detect here..." The picture over my shoulder is an ariel photo of the property from back then. All farm and pasture, now it is completely developed.

Anthony

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I know you guys!

Congrats on the anniversary and the merc. Nice pic of both of you. I see 'T' got to sit next to the fire. Toasty!

DCMatt

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
DCMatt said:
Hey I know you guys!

Congrats on the anniversary and the merc. Nice pic of both of you. I see 'T' got to sit next to the fire. Toasty!

DCMatt

Hey, I know you too! You look nothing like your avatar.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Happy 1st......Happy hunting days ahead at that place...Those deepies will come sooner or later...Keep it up :thumbsup: jgas

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you both on your one yr. anniv. You both are a mighty fine looking couple, thanks for sharing and ohh congrats on the merc too :thumbsup:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Hey Narthoniel, congrats on your first Merc! No matter what shape they're in, I think they're gorgeous!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sound like you had a great weekend for silver!

Congrats on your first anniversary. You guys look happy together. Looks like you got a keeper for sure! :wink:

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Looks like you made two great finds. One today detecting and the other one year ago. Congrats on both.

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 185
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 180

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anthony, Congratulations on your first merc. I think all first merc finds should be awarded banner!

ok - a little humor - but truthfully I've noticed that finding even one merc really makes my day. You

obviously are very blessed with such a lovely lady . Good eye mate ! Argentium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread