Rainy Day Hunt

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
PaulinWA emailed me Friday night asking if I was busy today. After a quick check with my better half, I wrote back asking where and what time he wanted to met. Plans where set to meet at Entiat State Park which was once a town before they built various dams along the Columbia River. When I arrived PaulinWA was already swinging his detector in a grassy area. I grabbed my stuff and headed down the embankment toward where he was detecting. Asked if he had any luck, he answered 'no' just pull tabs. I noticed a large amount of goose droppings scattered throughout the area, so I headed to a clean area to start detecting. In no time I was pulling out my share of pull-tabs too. I moved down where there was an old sidewalk and found a penny then a old light bulb part. Moving up towards the park office I found a cap from a Jim Beam, not sure of age. Next find was some type of flange with no threads. My other two great finds at the park where a square and round washer..yahoo. By then PaulinWA headed towards me holding a hand full of clad coins. I had informed him of an area I had been eying for some time. We packed up and started heading down the road when Paul called stating he had to go to work. We bid each other farewell and I headed towards home and Paul turned around for work. I headed towards the area with high hopes. Which where only busted by finding the area full of trash, junk other people left instead of going to the dump. Oh well, another spot flashed through my mind and off I went. I arrived at Lake Alta swim beach. There was a slight mist/rain but beach looked promising. First find, clad quarter I was on a roll. Then the junk (beer bottle caps) started showing up. Then back to coins (nickle, and pennies) and then a strange sound and VDI reading. Swept sand scoop through sand and out popped a pewter Angel. Thought luck is going to change and gold/silver ring is just around the corner. No such luck, mist turned to heavy rain and time to head home. Total count for lake finds; three pennies, two nickles, three quarters, one shell case and one angel.

Thanks for looking
49er

Attachments

• DSCN2196.JPG
    DSCN2196.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 603
  • DSCN2197.JPG
    DSCN2197.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 615
  • DSCN2198.JPG
    DSCN2198.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 613
  • DSCN2191.JPG
    DSCN2191.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 609
  • DSCN2200.JPG
    DSCN2200.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 605
  • DSCN2202.JPG
    DSCN2202.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 586
  • DSCN2203.JPG
    DSCN2203.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 598
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a great pic of the swim beach. I bet there is plenty of good stuff in the water.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I rarely get called in on my days off......turned out to be something i should have never been called in for in the first place, which made it even more frustrating. We'll have to get together & hunt some more before the snow flies. I going to go back out in the morning for a while. That angel is interesting.

Paul

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful picture, 49er! Looks like a great site to hunt! Maybe the rain will stay away long enough to hunt it next time! :)

Great little angel! :angel7:

Nana :wink:

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Beautiful area "49er". Nice finds and I really like that angel. Congratulations
on a great day in spite of the rain. Doug (blklab) :thumbsup:

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
Hope you have better luck next time. Good looking pictures. :coffee2:

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting and nice angel. found a lot of light bulb stuff.

Good luck,
HH.

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job 49er.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread