i think im getting the hang of this now!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

Attachments

• sunday 002 (600 x 450).jpg
    sunday 002 (600 x 450).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 481
Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi shaun You still had a better day than i did :o :o :o

tinpan

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Fantastic finds... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Don't give up on finding those lost treasures over their on your side of the pond.. ;D

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 450
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 438

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Terrific finds Shaun. Your doing real well. You folks have nice coins on that
side of the pond. Congratulations. Doug (blklab) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
thanks all, and no ivan :D :D :D it was too wet and muddy+ i was right next to a main road!
i could have had all sorts of emergency services turning up ;D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is that Weds will make that silver look brand new. I predict your first hammered :thumbsup:

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
All I can say is that Weds will make that silver look brand new. I predict your first hammered :thumbsup:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
What is a Weds?

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaun, every week seems to be getting better. I know when I started out it was every day searching, and by doing that I found more. But just like you have now learned, don't ever count a place searched. Just walking again over the ground you will find more, things that you missed. Or you could be (I think this) getting better at this business. It takes a long time to get a good ear for your detector, and you seem to be improving, knowing which signals to dig. Always dig everything in the beginning, and later somewhat less, but don't disregard all the signals. Coins and objects give funny signals sometimes. I dig I guess 5 holes with junk, and one with a find, even now. And that out of 7 signals. I think when you do find a hammered it will be more than one.

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
woody50 said:
Shaun, every week seems to be getting better. I know when I started out it was every day searching, and by doing that I found more. But just like you have now learned, don't ever count a place searched. Just walking again over the ground you will find more, things that you missed. Or you could be (I think this) getting better at this business. It takes a long time to get a good ear for your detector, and you seem to be improving, knowing which signals to dig. Always dig everything in the beginning, and later somewhat less, but don't disregard all the signals. Coins and objects give funny signals sometimes. I dig I guess 5 holes with junk, and one with a find, even now. And that out of 7 signals. I think when you do find a hammered it will be more than one.

thanks woody, i've started lifting the coil on a "good signal" because large or deep iron can sound like a coin :icon_scratch: with my machine! if the signal is still there after lifting the coil 5 inches then i think i know its iron!

weds is wednesday when with a bit of luck and a lot of driving i will have a post to be proud of ;D

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
woody50 said:
thanks woody, i've started lifting the coil on a "good signal" because large or deep iron can sound like a coin :icon_scratch: with my machine! if the signal is still there after lifting the coil 5 inches then i think i know its iron!

weds is wednesday when with a bit of luck and a lot of driving i will have a post to be proud of ;D
'a lot of driving'. I am not sure where you live exactly, but there must be good finds in your area. I know from experience that sites away from your area always seem better, but its not always so. You just have to find the right fields and 'hot spots'.

OK, but just be sure about that, lifting the coil. You can miss stuff that way. Don't forget, the deeper an object, the more difficulty the discrimination is for your detector. Lifting the coil does say how large an item is, that is for sure. But like I say, if its easy to dig, and you don't get any cracking sounds I dig it....

But good luck Wednesday! Wish I was with you!

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
woody50 said:
shaun7 said:
woody50 said:

'a lot of driving'. I am not sure where you live exactly, but there must be good finds in your area. I know from experience that sites away from your area always seem better, but its not always so. You just have to find the right fields and 'hot spots'.

OK, but just be sure about that, lifting the coil. You can miss stuff that way. Don't forget, the deeper an object, the more difficulty the discrimination is for your detector. Lifting the coil does say how large an item is, that is for sure. But like I say, if its easy to dig, and you don't get any cracking sounds I dig it....

thanks woody, i shouldn't have to worry about this on wednesday as crusader is lending me a cortes ;D

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
woody50 said:
shaun7 said:
woody50 said:

thanks woody, i shouldn't have to worry about this on wednesday as crusader is lending me a cortes ;D
Sounds great... don't forget, if your ship comes in we can maybe find one for you....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread