Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a great and stressful few weeks for me. I joined the ranks of home ownership on Oct 16, and moving a full house of furniture...well what can I say, I am sure all of you know how much fun that is :-\

I got away for a weekend and went on a dig down in southern VA. I hunted all weekend and didn't find much. Sunday morning before I headed back to Pittsburgh, I found this beauty. It's a Confederate Infantry "I" Button, and man is it in excellent shape. It's one of those finds that makes you sit down off your knees for a minute and just stare with a grin on your face. It has been a while since I have pulled something like that out of the ground.

This weekend I decided to hit my new yard to see if I could find anything. The house was built in 1946, so I figured there may be a coin or two. Boy was I pleasantly surprised when within 30 minutes, I had dug 7 wheats pennies and a silver rosie. I was just cherry picking too, no patterns or slow searching. Needless to say, I have a nice new spot and its right in my back yard.

Finally, comes Mazie, my new diggin buddy. We got her a few days after we moved in, and as you can see, she already loves to help daddy dig in the back yard. She keeps us busy, but she is an awesome dog!!!

Enjoy!!

Attachments

• confed.JPG
    confed.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 877
  • confedrev.JPG
    confedrev.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 877
  • 1102 Finds.JPG
    1102 Finds.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 870
  • mazie1.JPG
    mazie1.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 868
  • mazie2.JPG
    mazie2.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 846
  • mazie3.JPG
    mazie3.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 851
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jared......Big High Five on the Button man,sorry I missed the dig down there,had a wedding to go to.Man you must be on cloud nine still.....One hell of a button.Congrat's on your new home and find's in the yard,sound's very promising.Nice Save Bud!!!!! :thumbsup:

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Really nice finds "kiros". The "rosie" is neat. I really like your new hunting
buddy. He/she is adorable. I just such a dog lover and of course all puppies
are cute. I have a five year old female black lab, hence the "T-Net" name,
"blklab". Congratulations and keep up the good work. Doug (blklab)

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on button and sweet little friend. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
Jared......Big High Five on the Button man,sorry I missed the dig down there,had a wedding to go to.Man you must be on cloud nine still.....One hell of a button.Congrat's on your new home and find's in the yard,sound's very promising.Nice Save Bud!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Joe, we had a good time down there, lots of digging and lots of BSing. We will be down there again in the Spring, I will let you know.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Let Maize sniff a few of your wheats and buttons b4 you clean them. If a dog can be trained to sniff out drugs, corpses, bombs, why not shallow targets? But beware, they start diggin' b4 you get to them ;D. Carry a piece of minnow netting with you, and hold it up behind your dog to catch the goodies :tard:. Btw, nice finds, and good luck in your new/old "digs"..........NGE (T)

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Let Maize sniff a few of your wheats and buttons b4 you clean them. If a dog can be trained to sniff out drugs, corpses, bombs, why not shallow targets? But beware, they start diggin' b4 you get to them ;D. Carry a piece of minnow netting with you, and hold it up behind your dog to catch the goodies :tard:. Btw, nice finds, and good luck in your new/old "digs"..........NGE (T)

Well, she is still in that "chew everything" puppy stage, so anything I put in front of her face she eats lol. So I will wait until she is a bit older so I won't have to run to the vet to "recover" a CW button for a second time ;D :D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
A second time? Did you "detect" there was something missing already? I bet puppy exlax worked really good...... What a hoot, sorry, it's just me.......GUFFAW.......... NGE(T)

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Nice pics and finds.

We have a Chocolate Lab - great pet. He doesn't do much digging though. ;D

Bob

She is smart but stubborn :D

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Good finds, especially when they're in your back yard! Now that the foliage is dying back and we've had some rain, local sites should start producing again.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Great button. It was worth the trip just to find the button.
Dman

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Congrats on the great finds! :thumbsup:

As far as your new little digger goes, I just want to hold her & hug her all day long. That little dog need to be kissed! Thanks for the pics & congrats on the new house! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread