Found a lost watch for someone at the beach.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey Gang! Haven't been on the Forum for a while. Been all over the country in the last six weeks & my DFX traveled about 5000 miles with me in the car, but only got to detect about 5 hours out of all the travel. Yuck! Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming & two round trips to Oregon Coast in the last 10 days, about 600 miles per trip. My behind is tired of travel.

Was at Nehalem Bay State Park beach on Sunday. Covered about four miles of beach & found 1 dime, one nickle & 3 cents, several tabs, bottle caps & burried pop cans. I was just about to call it a day when my sister in law ( bikini queen & her sun Goddess daughter) tracked me down & asked " can you find a watch with that thing?" My sister in law said "it's not a big deal & it's not an expensive watch, only a couple of hundred dollars, but I hate the thought of not being able to see what time it is."

I had seen the two of them sunbathing behind a dune out of the wind. I started out where she thought she lost it & after agout five minutes, she was bored & went back to sunbathing in a new spot. I searched four areas where she thought it may have been & then I went to the spot where I had seen them. Two minutes there & found it about an inch deep. She & all of the family at the reunion were most surprised that I found it. It's not too hard if you know a small general area to search.

The watch was my best find in the last six weeks. Lots of clad & a couple of silver rings but nothing to brag about. It's still staying about 100 here everyday so I'm looking forward to some cooler detecting days as I am sure everyone else is.
Luck to all! Spotz

Upvote 0

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Part of MDing is playing detective. Using your MD to find a lost object for someone renews your confidence in your skill and abilities.

WTG and good luck.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Back Spots.

I'm Glad to Hear you Had a Good Time.

Congrats on the Quick Find !