Just call me goldfinger

Nohope587

Jan 7, 2006
No Fixed abode
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hit a park on the north side of town this evening only have about an hours daylight left. Real short on the clad but the rings made up for it.
Gents Lucky cloverleaf 14K ring Ladies circular Leaf design 14K ring
Small 19k ring with an Emerald. and a 9k White gold Ring with what might be a ruby.

Finds_110908.JPG

Upvote 0

Jerry1NJ

Oct 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray pinpointer, Minelab CTX3030
Great finds!! :thumbsup:Did some park hunting myself today also.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice! :thumbsup:
I keep hearing stories about how well the Ace does on jewelry and here's another example.
Mike

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terriffic!!! 4-Rings in one hunt. WOW. That ACE 250 is a gem. What did the rings sound like? Were you in all metal mode? What was your Sensivity set at factory or had you lowered it? I also use the 250. The rings I found sounded much like a nickel/pull tab. just enough different to warrent digging. What a great hunt.

OP
OP
Nohope587

Nohope587

Jan 7, 2006
No Fixed abode
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Happy Harry said:
Terriffic!!! 4-Rings in one hunt. WOW. That ACE 250 is a gem. What did the rings sound like? Were you in all metal mode? What was your Sensivity set at factory or had you lowered it? I also use the 250. The rings I found sounded much like a nickel/pull tab. just enough different to warrent digging. What a great hunt.

Sensitivity 4 bars
Mode Jewelry
Discriminator set to remove anything below Nickels.
First two rings were in the Penny area second two in the pull tab range.
Don't remember the sound as I dig all targets regardless.

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Nohope587 said:
Happy Harry said:

Sensitivity 4 bars
Mode Jewelry

How deep were your targets. More importantly any tricks on pinpointing items 2 inches or more in the ground. I have a Ace 250 but never use it because I just can't figure out how to get any depth with the machine and recover the item.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four rings is like...amazing. What kind of area was it?

SKD

OP
OP
Nohope587

Nohope587

Jan 7, 2006
No Fixed abode
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
tank014 said:
Nohope587 said:
Happy Harry said:

Sensitivity 4 bars
Mode Jewelry

How deep were your targets. More importantly any tricks on pinpointing items 2 inches or more in the ground. I have a Ace 250 but never use it because I just can't figure out how to get any depth with the machine and recover the item.

First ring was about 2 inches in gravel
2nd was 5 inches down in mulch
3rd was 4 inches in mulch
4th was 3 inches in grass

I have no problem pinpointing
Practice has taught me that my ace has a sweet spot about half an inch behind the inner coil at the front of the coil assy
this grows to about 2 inches at 6 inches of depth.
After getting a hit move the detector about a foot to the left
Push the pin point button in and hold swing over the target area when the meter peaks you are over the target. release the pin point button. move the coil forward of the target about a foot and repeat the pin pointing in a front to back motion. in effect you are creating an X marks the spot.
With Quarters I can just slid a screw driver into the dirt and flip it out without digging.
I am no expert but this works for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread