• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 969
Upvote 0

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
Actually... I did find what was left of a dog once. I was walking in the woods and noticed a chain dangling from an old piece of a barb wire fence. When I pulled on the old piece of rusted chain I was surprised to see that it led to a collar laying under the leaves about five feet away. Further investigation revealed that there was a set of skeletal bones with the neck bones running right through the collar. On the collar was a set of dog tags from the 60's. I figured out this dog had been broken free from it's owner and was probably chasing a deer. When it went past the fence it's chain wrapped around the barb wire. That dog probably spent several days days there before it died. :'( . It reminded me of the time I found a few old King George coppers in the ground, right beside several musket balls....I wonder what happened there? ??? HH M.

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
I dug several tags, all from the 70's at my brother-in-laws a few years back within a 20 foot area. Wondered why, and learned that the previous owner raised coon dogs. And since a coon dog can easily hurt or hang himself wearing a collar, the owners would simply hook the tags to their respective chainlink kennels. Evidently, I had located the site where the cages sat.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
I found a dog tag one time and literally stopped digging and moved on to the next thing ! I wouldn't want to dig up bones knowing that they could be right there where the dog tag was.Its different if you dig them up without the tag...lol

OP
OP
bkraw2000

bkraw2000

Oct 15, 2008
Muskego WI
Detector(s) used
garrett gta x550
Looks like I'll have to wait till spring to find out. Judging by the weather, it seems the season may be over here for me.. :(

catchdogcross

Sep 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Maybe this may make you feel better. Very often people take the new tags and just add them to the rest of the tags, never bothering to remove the old ones. Dogs lose these tags all the time. I breed dogs, they lose they're tags so often I don't bother to put replace them anymore. I don't think it's from a dead dog, I truly don't...
Catchdog

NWHunter61

Oct 26, 2008
Yakima, Washington
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably gonna hang myself here, but I have to say this is one of the most insensitive posts I have seen on here. There are two quick ways to kill youself on my property...put a bullett in your own head or screw with my dogs. I am not sure which is faster. No dog goes without a proper burial, and no dog goes without a piece of my heart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread