ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer

Attachments

• slq.jpg
    slq.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 925
Upvote 0

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
I've seen a couple of post like this lately. There must be a lot more silver back East cuz out here in Calif. I've never seen even a silver Washington quarter in change. I've got a couple of coin operated washers and dryers at the apartment building I own on the poorer side of town. They bring in an average of about $200 a month, all quarters, and for the last 10 years I've never seen a single silver one. Thats about 96,000 quarters

OP
OP
wolcottdigger

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
I found another SLQ in the rejected coin slot in a COINSTAR coin counting machine this summer.
And when I had a job at a Cumberland Farms gas station I used to get tons of mercury dimes.
One time at the gas station I got a large Canadian silver coin, it was the size of a silver dollar and I think it had a totem pole on one side.
I think it was 1850s I sold it at a coin shop, that was before I got hooked on metal detecting.
I wish I still had it but I needed some cash.

OP
OP
wolcottdigger

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
Here's that Canadian coin, it was 1958 not 1850s.

Attachments

• dollar1958.jpg
    dollar1958.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 764

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yes perhaps the person who needed that hotdog badly enough to hit up their dad's coin collection will go back for another hot dog! wow...what a find!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool, so I guess a Coscto is a hot dog place? I'm in the North East, never heard of it.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ive gotten silver Washingtons in change before, but never a Standing Liberty! ill bet that dont happen very often! congrats!

OP
OP
wolcottdigger

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
Here is the other side, maybe I'll go back today I could go for another dog.
Anyone ever stop at Blackies hot dogs in Cheshire Connecticut its right down the street from Costco and me.
It opened in 1928 I was just thinking it might be a good place to go detecting, not much grass but maybe the woods I'll have to ask the owner.
My sister owns a house close by that was built in 1859, I have found three Indian head pennies and a couple silver Roosevelt's and a V nickel.
I would like to go there more but I don't think my brother in law is to thrilled with me digging in his nice grass.

Attachments

• slo back.jpg
    slo back.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 480

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread