allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got to detect the farm my wife got me permission to hunt couple of weeks ago.
The lady took me on a quick tour of the farm to show me where the tenant house, the old barn and a few more things once stood.
I only had about two hours to detect, so I started around the tenant house and immediately started getting good signals, most between 4 and 6 inches down. The soil in front of the remains( a few boards and small portion of the roof ) of the house was easy digging and the finds was mostly early 60s clad, but also one 1960 silver rosey and three silver washington quarters 1956 d, 1948,and 1959.
Time was running short so I started towards the back of the remains and there wasnt as many signals but, when there was a signal I dug it and came away with 7 wheaties the oldest been 1912, newest been a 1956 and my very first seated dime, which is worn smooth on the back, but on the front you can make out the date 1838, my oldest coin by far.
Im hoping to go back tomorrow and get about 6 or 7 hours of detecting in.
Happy hunting all,
Allen

Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
sounds like you had a good day :thumbsup:

good luck today :icon_scratch:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great hunt Allen, you pulled some nice silver out of that spot you must be psyched :icon_thumleft: congrats on the Seated Dime. Good Luck if you make it over there tomorrow.
Glenn

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHHH! You can't do us that way, Allen! :D The very mention of alll that silver and NO pictures! :icon_pirat:

Sounds like you've got a winner of a site to hunt! Good luck on your return too!

Nana :wink:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Congrats to you Allen.
Sounds like you are on to a super fine site there. :thumbsup: Congrats on the old coins including your oldest to date, the 1838 Seated.
I have a feeling we'll be seeing some more great digs from you at that spot. :icon_king:
Looking forward to the pix.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions