Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked out a historic site this AM and it looks like a good prospect.? I? found a token and lots of clad and one wheat of the 1955 D variety.You've all seen clad and? wheaties and the token was contemporary, a local kids birthday party place, Celebration Station.? I checked the wheatie closely to be sure it wasn't the double stamped variety and it wasn't.? Drat!? Although historic the site is not a designated historic site and is on public property so it's ok to detect.? I got a solid target at 12" and dug down just out of curiosity.? Whatever "it" was I didn't have the proper tools to get it out.? All I could see of it was about 4"X 4", made of metal and was over a foot long.? I couldn't budge it with my puny trowel.? It was irregular on top and smoothe on bottom.? Kinda reminded me of an auto steering box and steering shaft or something similar?? I'll be back to this site no doubt.? Wish I'd find something neat so I could post a pic!? ?JIM

Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds jim! Good luck with the rest.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nothing wrong with wheats! i love reading about them. nice digs!!

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Yoy did better then me today. All I got was $2 in modern clad, but hey at least we both got out. ;)

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Hey Jim,

Sounds like ya found a strong box... LOL... Holler at me when ya need help pulling it from the dirt, I'll come on up there and have a glass of iced tea with ya...

Sure would be cool if it was a strongbox.... :P

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim,

have to agree with Gold Digger, could be a small strong box; but what are the chances?

1,000 to 1, 10,000 to 1; be a lot of trouble digging it out; gold, silver? Yes, sure would be a lot of work, just

to find out it is a slab of iron. Wad of old bills? Gemstones?

But what if...............?

Your call Jim.

What a pic that would make.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Don't know if we're thinking of the same spot, but thought I read of a wagon trail crossing near where you might be. There was also something to do with quicksand and a lost box, if you find the remains of a couple of shovels then you're on the right spot.

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
I enjoy finding all sorts of oldies inc.wheats.always makes me think"WOW"i found something somebody lost at least 50 years ago. That place should do well for ya jim.wtg

peace,bigrig

R

rusty nails

man oh' maliander - :o cant wait to see whats in that trough LBP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions