Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the law caught up with the Wild cowboys south of Caldwell they took refuge in the rundown building called the Last Chance Saloon. It was called that because it was the last chance to buy a drink while going through the Indian territory. The cowboys would not give up so a gun fight took place and the building caught fire and burned down. I have hunted this area before and have found lots of bullets and shells. I have found buttons here but not much else. But that ended today. ;D ;D

PICT0001.JPG PICT0003.JPG

PICT0004.JPG Looks like that one bullet is covered with teeth marks.

Well my very first for this old man today. A genuine 2 cent piece 1868. :thumbsup: PICT0006.JPG
PICT0009.JPG Can't get a better picture. Wish it was better condition but still tickled pink to have it.

Thanks for looking.

Burdie

Upvote 0

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
A two center from The Last Chance Saloon...wow,that's history man.congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Jerry

S

seger98

Sounds like a great place to detect, congratulations on your 2 center!! :thumbsup:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
HHHAAAA thats one I havent found yet a 2 cent shield Congratulations Burdi WHHOOOO HHHOOO

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I have to agree that finding that 2 center is a great find...and where you found it makes it even greater! Loved that chewed up bullet too! Great finds my friend! Miss ya!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
WOW!!! What a great opportunity to hunt such a historical place....I am green with envy!!!!
I have read about that place....In 1874 a posse from Caldwell, while in pursuit of outlaws, thought badmen had holed up in the Last Chance and burned the saloon to drive them out. Though their suspicions proved to be unfounded, the building had been destroyed. The business was operated for a time from a secondary building at the same location, but soon fell into disuse as there was too much competition from the innumerable new saloons being established within the City of Caldwell ::). ........

Very cool finds Stan! Congrats

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Very good my friend.......that is yet another coin that still eludes me..........but I only have in about 5 years detecting so I have a lot of catching up to do......lol.

Congrats,
HH
Greg

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy Heart said:
WOW!!! What a great opportunity to hunt such a historical place....I am green with envy!!!!
I have read about that place....In 1874 a posse from Caldwell, while in pursuit of outlaws, thought badmen had holed up in the Last Chance and burned the saloon to drive them out. Though their suspicions proved to be unfounded, the building had been destroyed. The business was operated for a time from a secondary building at the same location, but soon fell into disuse as there was too much competition from the innumerable new saloons being established within the City of Caldwell ::). ........

Very cool finds Stan! Congrats

Come on over lots of room to hunt Gypsy. :thumbsup: I will say they did a lot of shooting for what ever reason. Shells every were here.

Thanks Greg and WSD I thanked the coin gods for sure.
Burdie

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and an even better find!!! Congrats on pullin that old 2 cent'r out!!!! :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio Jerry said:
A two center from The Last Chance Saloon...wow,that's history man.congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Jerry

Exactly what Jerry said. That is a fantastic find Stan!!! :o :thumbsup: :icon_king: Very well desreved. I wish I could of hunted with you at that spot. Great post & great finds buddy. I can't imagine finding a 2 cent.
Congrats,
Doug

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie......I am GREEN with envy! I'm coming right up there! Well, I can dream can't I?? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you found a great site to hunt. You made nice finds.....

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great history hunt and congrats on the 1868! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread