Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....the walls were closing in, each tick of the clock sounded as if it was in my head, all letters to fellow stamp collectors sent, honey dew list completed...I couldn't stand ...just couldn't I tell you so out I went and....... got 4 new winter rubbers for Otto with my Seahunter Mkll snuggled in the back seat. Wasn't sure where I was going but after a spell I did end up at a lake and was greeted, and not too warmly I might add by this!
P5140016.jpg

Like a tuna chasing a school of fall mackeral I plunged through the ice and began to swish feeling once again alive I tell you....Alivvvvvvvvvvvvve! Mind you in the deeper water my voice went up a few octaves. Um...might be able to make the Veinna Bouys Choir now and sing at Mass without getting thrown out!
cc.jpg

Going backwards to break the ice so that I could swing the Garrett I felt like the CCG ship Hudson navigating through James Bay.
Targets were few and far between but what the halibut I was out swishing with the whole place to myself. Scooped out a dinkie and a few coins as I was getting numb from the waist down.......................not Bud induced from the head down like usual and exited rather quickly falling in the process.........man it didn't take long to feel the "Big Chill." A quick trip to Tim's and a great cup of java and I was warm on the inside at least. What the halibut I was wet so I tried another lake but couldn't swing here as the ice was just too thick. All I managed to do here was scare the hake out of some albino crows and grid off the beach area (a pretty design I might add) that was some stingy youz giving up but a few pennies.
P5140017.jpg

Take for the outing was a golf egg, dinkie, gas capsule for a co2 gun and 9 coins @ $0.58.
P5140025.jpg

Was it worth it? Youz best believe it me son!

Upvote 0

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
It was worth it..

I live out here in the Mojave Desert. Trona,Ca. My best times to dig are when the temp is 130F or far below zero. No-one else is crazy enough to go out in death-defying weather so I've got the whole place to myself. My best finds were made under such conditions. There's a huge storm hitting my area hours from now. Will last two days. Will be desert flash floods,heavy snow on the Panamint and Argus ranges surrounding my humble house. The moment it stops I'll be out there hunting artifacts.

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Ill bet your nose wasn't the only thing bluuuuuue. Cant find it sitting home hey. :thumbsup: JYD

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Dang it,,, you go me cold just looking at it...
It was hovering around 30 degrees here today, that kept me inside... :coffee2:
I would have to call them some great finds for the conditions you had to endure...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Leslie..I am not worthy.... it sounds like you had fun and man i really like that Dinky car!!
Jerry

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
so.....when you said only up to your nose, you meant it :D

you need help!! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ohio Jerry said:
Leslie..I am not worthy.... it sounds like you had fun and man i really like that Dinky car!!
Jerry
Thank's Jerry.....I hope you were referring to the "car"......Shrivel,Shrivel ;D Persistance!!!! :thumbsup:

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
civilman1 said:
Ohio Jerry said:
Jerry
Thank's Jerry.....I hope you were referring to the "car"......Shrivel,Shrivel ;D Persistance!!!! :thumbsup:
LOL...seriously,i like old toys but now you've got my mind/detector in the gutter also Civilman ;D ;D gives me shivers just thinkin about it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread