Made a discovery of lock found back in August!! Has who made it + Year!!!!!! :)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Apr 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
    21 times

Made a discovery of lock found back in August!! Has who made it + Year!!!!!! :)

Alright guys! Well I tried to go detecting today. It was 30 degree's up here in Washington State. Got a half hour hunt in. I was starting to get frost bite and my detector was getting icy around the coil! You should of seen it! I am happy to report that I went back to the school were I found the gold ring and came up with 2 quarters, 2 dimes, and 1 penny! .70 cents! Thats more then I get usually in an hour. So the school is still producing! I am definatly going back there again when it gets warmer.

Anyways onto the good stuff! I made this find back in August when I started going to the two closest ghost towns that I could find. I didn't think this lock was much at first. These last three days, I have soaked them in olive oil. Looking at it closely, I can visually see a year which was 1886!!! In front of the year was PAT. Which is still pretty awesome! I also discovered who made the lock!

After reading a post about someone finding a lock this week made by Eagle Lock Co. Terrysville, CT, USA. I looked on the top of my lock, after the last three days soaking in olive oil, I could read the company! It read Eagle Lock Co. Terrysville CT, USA! To tell you the truth I was amazed! The company must have shipped the lock to the mining town, so they could use it to lock up the really old gym. I found the lock on the right side of the gym in gravel (hard stuff to dig in)

Heres pictures! I tried to take them the best I could, so that way you can all see!

Its amazing how many cool relics, I have dug up this year! I have found more relics then silver coins. The Relic to Old Coin ratio in Washington State is amazing! I guess its what people loose the most that you end up finding! I hope Everyone got outside! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Anyone can make life interesting you just have to go out there and do things instead of sitting on your butt doing nothing. Second quote: Life is about trying new things not just standing around.

us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    325 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: Made a discovery of lock found back in August!! Has who made it + Year!!!!!! :)

That's a great lock. Stay warm and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Dman

us
    LETS GO HUNTING

Nov 2008
    Denver , Colorado
    White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
    9 times

Re: Made a discovery of lock found back in August!! Has who made it + Year!!!!!! :)

Very cool , I like locks.
    THIS HOBBY ROCKS , LETS GO ....

ca
    Apr 2008
    N.B. Canada
    currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
    7 times

nice I like it!
    To dig or not to dig.....that is the question!!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links