Made a discovery of lock found back in August!! Has who made it + Year!!!!!! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Alright guys! Well I tried to go detecting today. It was 30 degree's up here in Washington State. Got a half hour hunt in. I was starting to get frost bite and my detector was getting icy around the coil! You should of seen it! :o I am happy to report that I went back to the school were I found the gold ring and came up with 2 quarters, 2 dimes, and 1 penny! .70 cents! Thats more then I get usually in an hour. So the school is still producing! I am definatly going back there again when it gets warmer.

Anyways onto the good stuff! I made this find back in August when I started going to the two closest ghost towns that I could find. I didn't think this lock was much at first. These last three days, I have soaked them in olive oil. Looking at it closely, I can visually see a year which was 1886!!! In front of the year was PAT. Which is still pretty awesome! I also discovered who made the lock!

After reading a post about someone finding a lock this week made by Eagle Lock Co. Terrysville, CT, USA. I looked on the top of my lock, after the last three days soaking in olive oil, I could read the company! It read Eagle Lock Co. Terrysville CT, USA! To tell you the truth I was amazed! The company must have shipped the lock to the mining town, so they could use it to lock up the really old gym. I found the lock on the right side of the gym in gravel (hard stuff to dig in)

Heres pictures! I tried to take them the best I could, so that way you can all see!

November27th070.jpg

November27th071.jpg

November27th072.jpg

November27th073.jpg

Its amazing how many cool relics, I have dug up this year! I have found more relics then silver coins. The Relic to Old Coin ratio in Washington State is amazing! I guess its what people loose the most that you end up finding! I hope Everyone got outside! HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That's a great lock. Stay warm and Happy Thanksgiving.
Dman

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
:thumbsup: nice I like it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread