Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....Navy Davy and I headed out to Lake Banook but not before I had a chance to see the nice finds that he had made the previous day including the 1940 dime and the 14k wedding band.
P5190006.jpg

The pumps were still working fulltime to keep the water level low with the lake dropping about a foot per day. The fellow manning the pumps told us that this would continue for about another two weeks. Sure exposes some areas of the docks that needed the repairs that were on going during the lowering.
P5190013.jpg

Navy Davy took to the gullies that had been created by the runoff and worked the cracks deep into the sand and silt finding a few goodies.
P5190002.jpg

Navy Davy springs into action as he finds a prehistoric find
which he promptly uses for a hood ornament!
bgbt.jpg

P5190014.jpg

Well it was fun while it lasted but before you could say "shake a leg" we did and left. Navy Davy home to the honey dew list and I for supper with the father-in-law then a trip into the hospital for a visit with Donna.
Navy Davy's pile which included a Halifax Regional Municipality, a dino, marbles and a slew of coins.
P5190004.jpg

Of course I was not sure what goodies I had found.
P5190011.jpg

Cleaned up my take for the day was a pair of dinkies, a key chain, a stopper to a Felix Jounn Halifax bottle, fun zone token and 79 coins @ $12.19
P5190016.jpg

Upvote 0

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You lucky dog you. You have a great spot there. Can't wait to see what you find. Good Luck. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Definetley look's like a good time Leslie....The only problem around here is that most of the water's are controlled by the DNR ......gotta be eye find's on these Inland Water's :icon_scratch: That's why I don't hunt them ;D Great find's :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul!!! :thumbsup:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to be hunting there. You should find some larger coins I am sure, and more of them, just keep looking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread