World War II relic found today.....very nice!!!

D

detector77

I found this at an old lot where a old general store stood from the late 30's until about 1950. It has been a vacant lot since, it is a medal of some sorts from World War II, or so it seems, notice Lady Liberty stepping on a German helmet on the face of the medallion, awesome!!!!!!! Also found a mans ring with 8 stones in it, possibly diamonds, the ring is heavy 14 kt gold, will post pics later, charging my camera rite now.

Attachments

• medalfront.JPG
    medalfront.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 372
  • medalbk.JPG
    medalbk.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
M

mattjd

That's beautiful! What kind of metal is it made of?

Matt

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW 77 !!! What a find!!!!

Congrats!!!

;)

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Detector - that's such a beautiful and intriguing find that I had to do a bit of research on it. I discovered that it's a WW II Victory Medal awarded to all military personnel for service between 7 December 1941 and 31 December 1946. It used to have a beautiful multi-colored ribbon/pin when it was presented. I found this info and more on a website called "Grunt".
Ruth

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful piece of history!? You should make a display out of it with the text framed with it.? It reminds me that my Dad who is now deceased spent two years all over Europe in WWII but never received his medals.? I should apply for them.? Does anyone know what the process is?? ?JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions