Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....got out for a quick swish yesterday to the lowered lake. Had called Navy Davy but he was shopping or doing some other domestically inclined event. Hit the lowered lake in the "ooooooooooooze zone' and man was it deep. Besides bringing home 10 cubic yards of muck I managed two dinkies, an RCAF button, a golf egg and 13 coins @ $2.60 for the 35 minutes in the mud bath.
P5220002_01.jpg

That night at work was a brain drain as it was my second night of training for the 2nd I.C. job that I just got promoted to(2nd I.C. means second in command of the shift or in my case intellectually challenged.) Got off at 0515hrs and ended up in bed at 0545hrs............then the phone rang at 0926hrs
"Ayyyyyyyy hellllllllllllo."
"Where are you?"
"In bed.....trying to sleep."
"Thought we were going digging."
"Ya when I'm up...9 o'clock tomorrow Dave. Going to sleep and I'll call you when I get up"
"Ooooooooooookay we got out wires crossed."
Click. 0935hrs.
"Navy Davy I'm up met you at Shubie in 45"

So we meet up and start swinging until 5 minutes later Dave had to go back to his vehicle for batteries. "Darn newbies I said to myself. Can't teach them anything." 5 minutes later.........this newbie had to go back to Otto for..........fresh batteries!

So I take apart my Freedom 3 Plus to change the battteries and................lost the screw that goes over the battery bracket. Try as we might we couldn't find it so into the vehicles and back to Navy Davys who has a kazillion screws in his workshop and we find one that fits the bill. Then it hits me. Lord love a duck I had left my knife back at the dig site. In my transcendental meditative trance I was like the living dead due to lack of sleep. A shot through my head would have been a mere flesh wound in my condition as I was done out to fall down and if down not be able to get up again. Of couse ND was on his knees most of the outing. That bouy would do anything to get in a Tide commercial.
P5220006.jpg

Ya grin buddy for if I had a step ladder I'd climb up it and jap slap you in the knees but had to settle for taking him to Tim's for a mud. That helped perk up this bouy a tad ...................maybe not for long as when I went back out to get in Otto there was no metal detector in my back seat. Felt a tightness in my chest and a dark cloud stationed over head just waiting for me! Son of a seahorse............it was Otto's twin brother and a lot cleaner one I might add so I nonchalantly meandered over to Otto who gave me that 1000 yard stare.

Anyway Navy Davy did well and hopefully our jaunt tomorrow will even be better.
P5220010.jpg

My pile before I managed to spill it all over the kitchen floor at home and knock a glass off the counter when sweeping up the dirt! My day sort of reminded me of that old Monkees tune;
"I should have stayed at home in bed
My pillow wrapped around my head
Instead of waking up to find
A nightmare of a different kind"
P5220012.jpg

Cleaned up it amounted to a key, BC pin, and 82 coins @ $4.88
P5220013.jpg

Hopefully Thursday's dig will take my mind off work as Friday after only 2 days training I'm taking over the shift IC job for the day.........Lordy Lordy!

Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Awesome haul there, Les. Keep up the Great work.

Congrats on your promotion. They could not have picked a better man for the job.

How is Woody Diggit??? Is he still looking for the Mother Lode in Nova Scotia??

OP
OP
leslie(nova scotia)

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo Ron

From the land of the Bluenose.....must have read my mind as in a few weeks I'll be postthe sequeal to "Woody Diggit and the Gaunlet of Doom." A few more outings to go yet as that is a project when the digging /or year is over.
RON (PA) said:
Awesome haul there, Les. Keep up the Great work.

Congrats on your promotion. They could not have picked a better man for the job.

How is Woody Diggit??? Is he still looking for the Mother Lode in Nova Scotia??

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
Very nice what is that coin looks like gold with an eagle and stars around it?

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. brought back memories of me too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread