Another Walker Half (1) month later...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
The stupid Cz-3D fired back up yesterday, so instead of sending it in to get it fixed I took it back out hunting today...
I'm never going to get in into the shop if I keep going like this... Although I 'm glad I got out, I really need to get it sent in before the warranty is up... We went to and old stand-by park today & tried a spot back toward the back, where we haven't hit very hard...
I got a signal that about blow-ed my headset off my head at 4" down... It didn't sound like a wine/ bottle cap, so I dug it... It was a 1917 Walking Liberty Half Dollar. Found this one exactly one month from first one I ever found,,,on the 22nd of July... ;D
Also found a token that says " New Jersey / Edison's Home "on the front, & on the back it says, "New Jersey, 3rd state admitted to the union on December 18th 1787, Capital Trenton, Flower: Purple Violet, Bird: Eastern Goldfinch, Garden State... The last object is a Dog tag from 1994... I also did a little better than usual on the amount of clad, $1.32
Definitely will be hunting this spot again...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• 082205.JPG
    082205.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats Leon. That half is nice. I would get my unit sent in and have it back for the fall time. I hate sending my unit in but white's is fast. I'm sure they would get it back to you quickly. My problem was not having the time to get it to the post office before they closed.

Keep up the good work. There may be more around and if your unit is not working 100% you may be missing something.

HH Jer

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Leon!
Thats twice as many walkers as I have found this year, and in a park no less.
Hope your detector gets feeling better soon.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOWZERS LEON!

GREAT FINDS!!!!!

;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEEN a LONG TIME since I found a Walker.

Congrats LEON

S

skydiv

i'd love to find one by the end of summer the 1/2 dollar that is

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Congrats on your second walking liberty half.
That's a great dig on that token also.
Best of luck to you on your return trips to the park.
HH!

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is it with those 1917 walkers I have 4 of them and I only ever found 9 total

R

rvbvetter

Great finds !! On the half and token. I'm not sure if your detectors broken, or if it just has personality. WTG!! HH

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all,,,
It's still hard for me to believe I just found another one. Before finding the last one I was wondering if any were even still left in the ground around here. All the parks around here have been hit very hard, but it just goes to show ya,, no-one can get it all...

As for the Cz,, it's definitely going back to Fishers here real soon... I'm beginning to wonder if it's moisture, or not... I used it about a week ago and there was dew on the ground and the machine messed up the very next day. It sat for a few days and then started working again. ( No problems at all ) After it fired back up again, I hunted with it in the afternoon,,, no dew on the ground, or any moisture anywhere, but the same thing happened, the next day the machine would not work... When it's broke it's broke there is no fixing it... I have tried all connections, batteries, and so on... Nothing seems to help it once it kicks in, you just have to wait for it to kick back out...
For those of you who haven't found a Walker yet, don't ever give up. I'm sure, as I did, you'll find one just when you least expect it... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread