Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had plenty of daylight left when I got off work today and I was ready for a hunt after a long week at the grinding stone, LOL. Changed into my best detecting clothes just as the heavens opened up and started to down pour rain. It has been above freezing the past two days with rain and much of the snow has melted. The rain slowed and I headed out knowing it was going to be a wet hunt. Went to a new field, across from a hot spot, only found a small hand full of trash and a few keepers. Here’s the field, I detected behind this field in the picture. The field is hard to see as it peeks out over the rolling hilltop.
5Dec08Field.jpg

The finds, a late buckle, a 1929 brass aluminum coin, a Whatsit, Quarter sized button and a small harmonica reed. Not much but for a wet hunt it was good and it was nice to get out. HH, Mike
5Dec08Finds.jpg

Upvote 0

dieharddigger

Dec 1, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/E-Trac
Sometime's it's just nice to get out. No matter what the weather. Supposed to be in the middle twentie's here this weekend. Is the button marked?
HH, Steve

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, no matter what the weather was like. I've have to cover my detector a few times also.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Any day out is a great day, and maybe the finds were few, the experience was well worth it!! Congrats!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice to get out. But it's awesome when ya come home with keepers. :thumbsup: You got some keepers there! :icon_pirat:

Stay warm! Nana :wink:

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! The button is marked but not readable. Looking at that field picture I posted, I realized that 60%ish of my nice finds have come from within the area of that picture. Far right was a farm and far left was also a farm. During certain times of the year I can see where the 4 large barns and house stood at the left farm. They where here from around 1000-1650ish. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread