Finally My First

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
Got out today for a few hrs. this afternoon and not even ten minutes into the hunt I was ready to head home. I thought it was a quarter signal ( solid 82-83 ) on the xlt and down about 4". My mind was gone for the rest of the day. I hope one of our experts here can help narrow down the date range.

PC040011.JPG
PC040014.JPG

Sorry forgot to add It is definitely a large cent.

Thank you for any help
HH
Joe

Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Looks like a Braided hair large cent to me! Nice find! :thumbsup: Now after a good day of hunting you can have a nice cup of :coffee2: and stay inside and get warm! :thumbsup:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT JOB!

The only large cents we find around here are the ones we put on the train tracks and let the train run over!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on your first LC, always fun finding that very first!! Hopefully there's another lurking for you to find!!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Another LC taken from the depths....Nice digs. And holed, that baby has some stories to tell. WTG.....jgas

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large copper coins are great to find in any condition. Big congrats on your first. :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: I agree with the braided hair L. C. ID. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions