Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a lot of hunting for me this week. It was either raining or brrrrrrr cold. But I did manage to get out twice. Terri and I went out Tuesday for a couple of hours, but only a bit of change found at one of our favorite spots to visit. Then on Wednesday, Lisa, Terri and I planned on checking out a new spot and invited Chefman (George) to come along. Well, Lisa wasn't feeling well, so Terri and I met Chefman at the planned site. I really had high hopes for this site, but not to be. The trash that had been dumped there over the years was less than desirable to be digging in, so we moved on. Nothing exciting in the whole area. We all met back at the parking lot and chatted about what plan B was going to be. We decided to drive to a spot that wasn't far away that's usually quite an adventure to hunt. (This picture was taken this spring..I forgot my camera. :-\ )
100_9203.jpg

We didn't have a lot of time to hunt so we scurried around the mountain side and tried our luck. I did manage to find one keeper. A 1900 Injun right at the bottom of a set of rock steps.

100_2128.jpg

100_2133.jpg

And here's the other stuff that ended up in my pocket...

100_2127.jpg

Hopefully we'll have more luck next time. :wink: Was great getting to hunt with you, George! And thanks for that yummy cake! :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend! Nana :)

Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a good coin Nana!!! Dman and I figure if we have a good time relic hunting and nobody gets hurt, we've had a good day!!! WTG.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Looks to me like you did just fine.Is that a cycle blade? Nice injun also.Any day you get cake is a great day for you.Nice going!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Nana. Looks like y'all had a good day's hunt.

:wink: RR

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the IH Nana. Cool year at that. :thumbsup:
I remember a neat spot you hunted and posted from maybe earlier this year. It was an old house and there was a stone retaining wall on the property. I think you actually found coins in the stone wall if I remember right. :icon_scratch: The stone wall in you first shot reminded me of that spot.
-Doug-

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana40,

good hunt;

nice photos;

good Indian;

nice gloves. :wink: ;D

Thanks for posting.

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Good job Nana. My goal for the end of the year was to find just one Indian Head. Don't think it is going to happen :-\ :'(

Great stuff AS USUAL!!!!

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see that you were able to get out again, and even have some decent luck. Love the Injun, and those cars should be able to get you anywhere you want to go. It's always a good time when you are with friends, and even better when you do better than they do. I guess that that's just a clear case of having your cake and eating it too. WTG :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice job on finding an Injun, Nana. They're not very common in my neck of the woods. It would make my day if that was the only coin I found during a morning's hunt at my parks.

Sorry to hear the weather is starting to turn sour there. It's still nice in S. CA. Actually, it's most always pleasant here. ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
Good looking place. Love the Alabama woods. Both a .22 projectile and a shotgun slug!

HH

Old_Okie

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt with friends Nana! Looks like you got a rein guide there as well. HH, Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the bullets! And in your junque pile you have a very nice rein guide, an artifact anyone would love to find! Excellent Nana! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread