Short hunt yields tiny cw relic

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, it's not a plate or other such nice find, but I still get a thrill out of the smallest recovery. Went out yesterday for about a half hour across the road where my son and I found the two solid shot earlier this year. It was getting dark and I couldn't see well, but after twenty minutes of nothing, I got a nice little signal which turned out to be this face from a NY cuff button. There was a lot of cavalry action in our area and there were obviously some NY troops, one of which went home minus this one cuff button. I hope my next post will be something a little more interesting, but thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great Christmas!!

Attachments

• cwpics120708.jpg
    cwpics120708.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DV that is Awesome....some of the Best come in small package's.I found the same button on the 9th of Nov.According to Monkeyboy the best way to clean that up is a mixture of lemon juice/water and "dunk" the front only in it for around 5-10 second's.....after all is dry try some Naval Jelly(wet the button first) and let it sit for no more than 15-20 second's.....I used my Daughter's rouge brush ;D to apply and did the final clean up with.If you try this you'll know how it goes :thumbsup: it should bring some of the Gilt out if there's anything left.....Mine looked worse than that.....Here's the result's.Excellent Find my Friend!!!!!

Attachments

• PB090010.JPG
    PB090010.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 335
  • PB090010.JPG
    PB090010.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 333

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that button, Digger! 8) That's a good one!

Merry Christmas

Nana :)

OP
OP
diggervet

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
civilman1 said:
DV that is Awesome....some of the Best come in small package's.I found the same button on the 9th of Nov.According to Monkeyboy the best way to clean that up is a mixture of lemon juice/water and "dunk" the front only in it for around 5-10 second's.....after all is dry try some Naval Jelly(wet the button first) and let it sit for no more than 15-20 second's.....I used my Daughter's rouge brush ;D to apply and did the final clean up with.If you try this you'll know how it goes :thumbsup: it should bring some of the Gilt out if there's anything left.....Mine looked worse than that.....Here's the result's.Excellent Find my Friend!!!!!
[/Thanks civilman for the great tip, Ill have to run to the hardware store tomorrow to pick up the naval jelly, but I'll update the post when it's done! Thanks again!]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread