I like Florida gold and diamonds

cowboykelly

Dec 10, 2007
Lubbock
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Found this at the park after playing some volleyball. Everybody went home and I stayed behind to play with my metal detector. Going by the jeweler today to just make sure the stones are diamonds. The ring is marked 14kt!

Attachments

• 100_0885.JPG
    100_0885.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 902
Upvote 0

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
My bet is they are real diamonds, nice ring, I hope it isn't one of your volleyball buddies...

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Very nice ring, CBK!

My bet is the stones are genuine, pretty much based on the designer style, and composition.

:thumbsup:
rmptr

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, nice find.

It sure looks like real diamonds....with a 14K stamp on the ring, it's even a better probability.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
kimsdad said:
Great find CBK!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So far all I've ever found at volleyball courts is clad and a little Eeyore charm. "Oh, bother..." ;D

I'm getting earrings, chains, and pendants... silver, and some gold.
Try a different time.
Maybe someone else is getting there first.
or range a bit further out to the spectator areas...

My digs dropped off a while back when the discount marts started carrying a line of MD's...
Then again most recently when a dedicated fellow with a minelab started hitting MY parks regularly! He's good!

Just modify your game plan a bit.

Best
rmptr

superficialbob

Jun 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt,Garrett Ace 250
NOW THATS WHAT TALKING ABOUT. I'VE HAD SOME GREAT SUCCESS AT THE VOLLEYBALL PITS AS WELL. G :thumbsup:REAT FIND .HH

OP
OP
cowboykelly

cowboykelly

Dec 10, 2007
Lubbock
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
They are real diamonds! Y'all were right! Well I went by a pawn shop and the guy told me they are diamonds but they aren't worth anything, but I have $25 in gold. He talked so fast you would have thought he was a used car salesman...no offense intended to any used cars salesman on the forum. Of course, me being from Texas, I'm use to everybody talking a lot slower than they do down here in Florida in general. Needless to say I won't be selling it to that guy, or at all for that matter. There are plenty of females (mom's, sisters, aunts, grandmas, and my gf) that would love to take care of my treasure for me. :icon_pirat: I went back this morning and found a 1962 canadian dime...its looks to be silver...if so it will be my first silver coin ever! Any body know about canadian coins?

OP
OP
cowboykelly

cowboykelly

Dec 10, 2007
Lubbock
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Here's the dime!

Attachments

• 100_0890.JPG
    100_0890.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 307
  • 100_0891.JPG
    100_0891.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 301

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
Of course the scum at the pawn shop told you they are not worth anything...He then gave you a crappy offer to buy the ring! That ring is worth a hell of alot more than $25. Think about it where could you buy a $25 14k diamond ring?

Take it to a jeweler and ask what an insurance replacement value would be, and STAY AWAY from the pawn shops. Those guys pray on the people in a pinch for a quick dollar. Nice ring!

Real diamonds are worth a hell of a lot more than nothing! Trust NO ONE who tells this to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread