1915 S wheatie!!! Worth $7 in good condition! YAY! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! I am back again! Well as you may have known, I went metal detecting yesterday. I did not plan on posting my finds but, I finally got around to looking up the wheat penny that I had found. I was at the 1928 farm again; I ended up digging almost 4-5lbs of trash, and finally a 1929 wheat. Then we went back to tacoma, and decided to hunt a grass sidewalk strip that would probably produce something considering the house that was located by the grassy strip was 1900-1930's era. My first hit was a memorial, then my second hit was another one. Third hit was a 1945 wheat! Nate was amazed yet again, how I have found an old coin in such shallow soil.

After swinging my coil around a little bit more, I got a really good penny signal, next to the sidewalk. I decided to dig it anyway, because even though it would be a memorial, it still would be fun. It turned out to be a 1915 S penny! I was super stoaked to get my oldest penny ever!!! :thumbsup:

At the time, I did not know that it was going to be worth some money. Not much, but some. Today, I was bored and stuck at home with the dogs. I decided to check on ebay to see how much money the 1915 S wheats were going for. They said a VG-Fine was already up to $5 with 5 or 6 days left in the auction. I looked at the penny in good condition and it was already up to $2 with shipping at $3 and it still had 4 days left. To say the least, I am very pleased and happy that I got a penny that is worth something! :thumbsup: It was a 1915 S and is worth $7 in Good condition! Which mine is in! :thumbsup: I never thought that I would find a wheat penny that is worth $7!!!

Here is the pictures:

1915wheat005.jpg

1915wheat001.jpg

Upvote 0

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Awesome! "S" cents are really hard to find here. Congratulations!

Joe

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makes it worth digging all the junk, doesn't it?!
And some income to make it all the sweeter.
Goes to show you never know what that next signal is.

Congrats!
Born Free

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
WTG DF. There are plenty more where that came from.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
OH YEAH! I love those semi-key date Wheats! They are almost as good as digging silver coins . . . . ALMOST!!

Way to go dude!

Neil

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your wheatie find,the IH is just around the corner.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Very nice coin there DetectorFreak. WTG.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 449
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 443

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice digs...Now go get that S VDB... :tongue3: jgas

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats man,

That is a nice wheat to find. We don't see many mint marks here in the NE. Your starting to find alot more old coins now.

HH Jer

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1915 s wheatie years ago,in change,when I was a cashier! Its nice find those coins that are worth money! Way to go!! :D ;D :thumbsup: I cant wait to go metal detecing. Winter has hit Ohio! Im sure there will be a few good days left. Happy Hunting,whenever you can go.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Way to go. That's a super great find. I predict silver in your near future.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread