Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick beach hunt this AM & Part II d& Don't miss Part III

Forecast today was for partly cloudy, high of 91 and no rain.? Got up and got dressed, pulling my favorite lucky prospecting shirt (old blue) when I heard thunder off in the distance.? No way sez I, I'm, going prospecting regardless!? So I headed out, about 25 minute drive to the nearest freshwater beach at the lake and could see lightening off in the distance.? No? way sez I, I'm going prospecting!? So, I get there and take the little over a quarter mile walk out to the water and put my detector to the ground and away I go.? After about 30 minutes and having found a quarter, 3 dimes and several pennies not to mention melted aluminum globs I notice the wind has picked up.? I look back to the north and I can see a very black low line of clouds coming my way really moving fast.....and then I see a flash of ground to air lightening!? Whoa there, this is no place to be especially carrying a custom made lightening rod out in the open.? So, I make a dash for the truck...only I forgot it's all uphill from down on the beach and about half way, huffing and puffing with my tongue hanging out I feel the first rain.? Aha, I espied a john with a top on it like you see at all the state parks.? It's closer than the truck, so I run over to it seeking shelter.? The rain pours, the lightening crackles, the thunder booms and I am nice and dry but the aroma was something else.? The last guy that was there had a serious gastric problem or he died and fell in!? As the rain eased up I made another short sprint toward the truck and made it this time.? I loaded all my gear and headed home.? I got probably half way home and the sky cleared and the sun came out and I cursed the weather man.? I beat my head on the steering wheel and kicked the dash!? It's 20 miles back to? the beach, 5 miles to home and I am sitting on empty and no cash or credit cards with me.? I said a real dirty word!? Anyway, I got home on fumes and decided with the sun out it was getting too hot to go back.? Besides with the rain we had recently that water really looks nasty with lots of unidentified floaties in it.? So, here I sit, came home with $0.68 clad and probably only five dollars or so in the hole after burning a couple gallons of precious gas!? But it was an adventure and that makes life interesting!? ?JIM

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Quick beach hunt this AM & Part II d& Don't miss Part III

jimmileo said:
No, I could never replace it. ?My God man, it's my lucky blue detectin' shirt! ?It still has lots of miles on it. ?It still has most of the buttons and only a small hole in the pocket which duct tape fixes just fine. ?True enough all the seams have multiple threads hanging out, but you can singe them off with a lighter....just don't wear it when you do! ?I caught myself on fire at the doctor's office one time while I was in the waiting room. ?Thought I'd kill a little time and took my lighter.... and.....poof! the whole tail and one sleeve went up in flames! ?It was spreading like a Christmas tree fire! ?I jumped up and slapped all the flames out doing what appeared to ge a happy dance while a couple of waiting patients stared at me. ?Uh....bad case of ST. Vidas Dance I said aloud and sat back down, waiting to see if the smoke alarms went off. ?The doctor looked at me strangely with my eyebrows singed off but he knows me better than anyone so he didn't say anything. ?After all he has gone where no man has gone before! And to stay on topic.....metal detecting...JIM

LMAO!

That's funny!

Glad you didn't get hurt though!

HH

Lonewolfe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

once again you have brought humor to my otherwise drab day!! we ought to make a seperate section........."JIMMILEOS` STORIES ". :D :D :D thanks for cheering me up!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Funny story, Jimmi.

You forgot something though....On your way home, on an empty tank of gas.....you did have $$. You had almost 60 cents in finds. That would have gotten you more than 1/5 a gallon of gas! You could have gone back to the beach after all!! ;)

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Forty nine? Thanks! I'm 61 and have not weathered well at that! Forty nine is just a blurry memory! Let's see, was that the year I had the heart attack or was it the aneurysm. No, I think that's the year I fell and broke my back....No that was 52! Oh, that's the year I turned the 4 wheeler over on a mountain and broke my back the first time....watched it turn end over end all the way to the bottom! Or was it the year I killed the deer in hand to hand combat and got stabbed? No, wait I think that's the year I got stuck in a tree and had to hang upside down for 4 hours in the rain storm...Yeah, that's it! I was deer hunting from a tree I had climbed and it started to rain and......well, it's a long story so I'll have to tell that another time. JIM

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice story Jimmie, I'm laughing with you!!! HH, Mike

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005