Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick beach hunt this AM & Part II d& Don't miss Part III

Forecast today was for partly cloudy, high of 91 and no rain.? Got up and got dressed, pulling my favorite lucky prospecting shirt (old blue) when I heard thunder off in the distance.? No way sez I, I'm, going prospecting regardless!? So I headed out, about 25 minute drive to the nearest freshwater beach at the lake and could see lightening off in the distance.? No? way sez I, I'm going prospecting!? So, I get there and take the little over a quarter mile walk out to the water and put my detector to the ground and away I go.? After about 30 minutes and having found a quarter, 3 dimes and several pennies not to mention melted aluminum globs I notice the wind has picked up.? I look back to the north and I can see a very black low line of clouds coming my way really moving fast.....and then I see a flash of ground to air lightening!? Whoa there, this is no place to be especially carrying a custom made lightening rod out in the open.? So, I make a dash for the truck...only I forgot it's all uphill from down on the beach and about half way, huffing and puffing with my tongue hanging out I feel the first rain.? Aha, I espied a john with a top on it like you see at all the state parks.? It's closer than the truck, so I run over to it seeking shelter.? The rain pours, the lightening crackles, the thunder booms and I am nice and dry but the aroma was something else.? The last guy that was there had a serious gastric problem or he died and fell in!? As the rain eased up I made another short sprint toward the truck and made it this time.? I loaded all my gear and headed home.? I got probably half way home and the sky cleared and the sun came out and I cursed the weather man.? I beat my head on the steering wheel and kicked the dash!? It's 20 miles back to? the beach, 5 miles to home and I am sitting on empty and no cash or credit cards with me.? I said a real dirty word!? Anyway, I got home on fumes and decided with the sun out it was getting too hot to go back.? Besides with the rain we had recently that water really looks nasty with lots of unidentified floaties in it.? So, here I sit, came home with $0.68 clad and probably only five dollars or so in the hole after burning a couple gallons of precious gas!? But it was an adventure and that makes life interesting!? ?JIM

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Quick beach hunt this AM

"Mommy it's raining, and who is that man who ran into the john with the weed whacker"

"Don't worry, thats just the crazy man with the blue shirt"

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS ;D

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Better luck with the weather next time Jim,

it's gotta give to your favor one of these times!

Keep us posted,,

HH

Lonewolfe

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

:D LOL! :D

One of the nice things about t-net.com is that it brings out the storyteller in some of us.
And Jim has made me chuckle on more than one occasion.
I suppose an outhouse is ok for temporary shelter, just as long as you are not trying to escape a T-rex! (Jurassic Park reference there ;) ).

Better luck next time!
:)

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ?When something like this happens to me and i'm all frustrated. I just wish at that moment in time, I could remember that it's happening to somebody else somewhere too.
? ? ?It might just bring out a smile, while i'm trying to figure a way out of my latest plight.

? ?Better luck next time.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH

M

mchamby

Good story Jim you always tell us how bad you luck blue shirt is and how you can smell it up wind well I bet It may have reached an all time high on the odiferous meter. :D :o might even make your eyes water. happy and hunting and I await the next chapter in the mysterious lucky, dirty, smelly blue shirt!!!!!!!!!
Mchamby

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Know what's really funny?? That story is completely true!? I didn't fabricate a word of it!? JIM

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005

There is so much wind in Jim's stories they keep blowing all that rain up this way.

Or maybe its the fumes off of old blue blowing the rain clouds this direction. :D ;D

Keep up the stories Jim .....We all love them. Keeps me smiling!!!!! ;D

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim,
You should have checked out the outhouse hole with your detector. I bet you'd find better "floaties" ;D

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont

Hey Jim, reminds me of the time I was detecting down to our church and a thunder storm was starting to come through. I was doing pretty well and really thought I would keep going too. I was having a great time and it was almost five oclock. At five each day our church bells chime a song. Just then there was a hugh bolt of lighting not far off and a loud crack of thunder. The church chimes started to play, "Nearer my God to thee". I took the hint and split...Lance

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Quick beach hunt this AM & Part II

Part II Thursday Morning:

Ventured back out to the beach this AM, and no rain clouds in sight. There was a heat warning and it was in the 80's just after daylight this morning! I had decided to dig some of the deeper targets and I haven't received my sand sifting scoop from Zeke yet so it took awhile to dig the deeper signals with a garden trowel. I was hoping to find a ring or two and was digging all the "trash" signals on purpose. I must of dug up 50 lb of melted aluminum blobs from old camp fires! Those things are everywhere! I didn't realize how many people spent the night and had bon fires on the beach. Anyway I didn't do too well only finding two clad dimes and a clad penny. I did find a wristwatch at about 9" and it appeared to have been there for a while. It was all corroded and of course wasn't running. It was a cheap watch, made in Japan with a stainless steel back and leather band. I couildn't tell much about the face as it has been waterlogged and much had began to peel off. Another "interesting" piece of junk to go in my display case when I get off my arse and build it. Thanks for tuning in. JIM

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms

I always thought the johnny house stop was the true " PAUSE THAT REFRESHES ' . ;D

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Jim after all the episodes you tell us on here, I for one dont know if I could still call it "my lucky blue shirt" but thats just me lol. Your always one to make me laugh with your stories. HH

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Part III

Ole blue my lucky blue prospecting shirt really is lucky for me.? Every time I have made a decent find I have been wearing it.? Yesterday morning I nearly panciked. I thought OLe Blue had been kidnapped again! I was getting ready to go prospecting and I couldn't find it.? I knew I had left it hanging on the bedroom door knob where it is supposed to be but it wasn't there. So, I looked in the closet, went through all the hangers one by one front to back and it wasn't there.? So, I looked in the closet again, going through all the hangers back to front. It wasn't there! Then I started in the middle and went both ways......not there!? Then I sarted at both ends and worked my way to the middle but not there!? I checked out in the garage in the Goodwill bag but not there!? I did find a dead rat I had been feeding poison for nearly a month.? He was going on his second box of rat poison.? He ate the first box of poison , tore it up and made a nest out of it in one of my cabinets!? I smelled him before I found him and thought it was my shirt for sure!? Not there!? So, where could it be?? Maybe it crawled beneath the furniture somewhere?? I got my flashlight which I usually can't find when I need it and was down on my hands and knees looking under the furniture when Kay woke up and let out a blood curdling scream!? That scared me so bad I tried to sit up and see what was attacking her and bumped my head on the bottom of the bedframe! I was on her side of the bed, had pulled back the comforter and was shining my flashlight under the bed.? She had awakened and saw the big hump under the comforter moving around and thought a bear was trying to get her! That caused me to bump my head, so I stood up rubbing my head with one hand and holding the flashlight with my other hand and stubbed my toe on the old TV that is beside the bed, causing me to dance around on one foot, the flashlight beam playing off all the walls as I hopped around. All the while Kay was screaming, Bear! Bear!? And while I was hopping around on one foot holding my head and trying to avoid the bear, she changed her screams to Alien! Alien!? The series of sound effects went something like this... AAAAAAGGGGHH! Bump...OUCH!....BEAR!...BEAR!....Thud...OUCH!.....hop, hop......WHERE, WHERE?? THERE,THERE!....NO, NO!...GASP!... ALIEN!.....ALIEN!...hop hop.....WHERE?.. WHERE?? " You scared tha ' hell out of me Jim Miller!? What are you doing now"? (she only calls me Jim MIller when she is upset with me).? "I'm looking for my lucky blue prospecting shirt,? DEAR"...(heavy emphesis on DEAR). "I washed that nasty thing, go look in the dryer".? So,? I limped out of the bedroom, down the hall and into the laundry room where I found Ole Blue in the clothes dryer.? Who would have thunk it?? Yuck, it smelled of some foo foo, perfumy dryer junk!? No wonder I didn't have much luck at the beach.? And now you know the rest of the story, thank you Paul Harvey.? ?JIM? ?

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
Re: Quick beach hunt this AM & Part II d& Don't miss Part III

Jim = Paul Harvey Jr.

You tare me up!!!!!!!

" foo foo perfumy dryer junk " RATFLMAS :D :D :D :D

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy

Jim--

Great story as usual...too funny!! You should enshrine that shirt...make it the inside of your display case that you place all your treasures on ;D ;D I think that would be fitting and it would never be lost again. You could then replace it with a red one..kind of like going out incognito!!

Dave

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005

Why not a gold colored one..............bring on that GOLD!!!!

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

There's nothing worse than the foo foo dryer sheets except wearing one out the back of your collar for half the day until someone decided to tell you it was there!

Dudes

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, I could never replace it. ?My God man, it's my lucky blue detectin' shirt! ?It still has lots of miles on it. ?It still has most of the buttons and only a small hole in the pocket which duct tape fixes just fine. ?True enough all the seams have multiple threads hanging out, but you can singe them off with a lighter....just don't wear it when you do! ?I caught myself on fire at the doctor's office one time while I was in the waiting room. ?Thought I'd kill a little time and took my lighter.... and.....poof! the whole tail and one sleeve went up in flames! ?It was spreading like a Christmas tree fire! ?I jumped up and slapped all the flames out doing what appeared to ge a happy dance while a couple of waiting patients stared at me. ?Uh....bad case of ST. Vidas Dance I said aloud and sat back down, waiting to see if the smoke alarms went off. ?The doctor looked at me strangely with my eyebrows singed off but he knows me better than anyone so he didn't say anything. ?After all he has gone where no man has gone before! And to stay on topic.....metal detecting...JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions