1805 Draped Bust Large Cent

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Only had an hour after dinner, so I stopped up the street by a new house I just got the OK on to detect. Did not expect to find much since the house is relatively new and all of the ground had been graded around it when it was built in the 60's. First I hit a musket ball and then a matchbox tank in great shape, and doll set knife. I got a very solid quarter signal at only three inches and thought it would just be a clad. Clad's like this I will take all day. It was a beautiful 1805 draped bust large cent in fine condition and not too much pitting. Lists in the red book at about $150.00 so I expect with the pitting it would be a little less. The scan does not do it justice. It has most of the hair lines and a perfectly clear date. What a way to start the weekend....Lance

Attachments

• Aug 26, 05 finds 1.jpg
    Aug 26, 05 finds 1.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 374
  • Aug 26, 05 finds 2.jpg
    Aug 26, 05 finds 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 407
Upvote 0

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Awesome again, Lance! How about you get a digital camera so you can send us some Hi-res pics of those old coins? Or you can just send me the coins and I'll post them for you? :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Lance!!!! Really great finds!!!!!

;)

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
SugarSand said:
Awesome again, Lance! How about you get a digital camera so you can send us some Hi-res pics of those old coins? Or you can just send me the coins and I'll post them for you? :)
Thanks anyway SugarSand, but I plan on getting one in the next few weeks, just for that purpose. Appreciate the offer though....Lance

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Real nice find. It seems when you least expect it, that's when the great find pops up. I too, think its time for you to get a digital camera so we can enjoy looking at some clearer pictures. I've dug two draped busts - 1802 & 1807, in nice condition, with good details, but not quite as nice as yours. Way to Go!

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Cool Lance, I had to try to get ya to send me some, no large cents around here! ?You'll be amazed with the detail a good camera can bring out, just takes some practice. ?It's nice to hold them in your hand, but a good close-up picture can bring out so much detail your eye can't pick up in actual size. ?Keep up the good work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread